Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:15:27 PM

Author Topic: Added feature of the new plugin's  (Read 3501 times)

Added feature of the new plugin's
« on: January 03, 2010, 08:51:07 AM »
OK so i installed the plugins

Played around with the new setting without checking/understanding what i was doing. ;D

One of these is you can now set a distance that an axis is allowed to move that it must trigger the switch

As my home switches are in the middle of the axis travel it is important that i am not on the wrong side of the switch otherwise the axis will just continue on and hit a limit or crash the machine

Now if you are too far away from the switch you will get an error you just hit home button again and it will attempt another try

Obviously if it looks like you have started past the switch this avoids it

Thanks Gregg

Phil
The Good Thing About Mach3, Is It's very Configurable

The Bad Thing About Mach3, Is It's Too Configurable

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
Re: Added feature of the new plugin's
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 03:20:07 PM »
When using the LPT you can uncheck "Home Sw Safety"

This will cause it to head in the other direction seeking home switch, if that switch is already active. 

Works well for mid travel home switches, which is what I have on my mill.

Doesn't matter from where you start a homing sequence, it will always seek home by travelling towards the switch.

However I don't know if this works with the smoothstepper.

Greg

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Added feature of the new plugin's
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 05:49:38 AM »
Phil
 Think that feature you mention is meant for use when you have a slaved axis so that it wont travel too far from the master axis home position. If it works for what you want then suppose thats a good thing but Gregs way wil be better IF it works with the SS. Or probably the way I would do it is alter the VB in your RefAll button so it looks to see if the switch is active before it does a home move.

Hood

Edit
 actually just looked again and it does seem there are two settings in the SSA plugin and one does seem to be for what you are using it for.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 05:51:10 AM by Hood »