Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:41:34 PM

Author Topic: New Smooth Stepper Updates on the Warp9 site  (Read 7354 times)

New Smooth Stepper Updates on the Warp9 site
« on: January 02, 2010, 11:33:16 AM »
Just a heads up that there are new plugins and drivers for the smooth stepper  ;D

Phil
The Good Thing About Mach3, Is It's very Configurable

The Bad Thing About Mach3, Is It's Too Configurable

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: New Smooth Stepper Updates on the Warp9 site
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 02:59:09 PM »
Thanks Phil. Do you have a link? Any notes as to what they address?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 03:43:51 PM »
(from within the zipped download file at http://warp9td.com/files/SmoothStepperUSBDriver2.06.00.zip )

Release version

2.06.00 (October 22, 2009)
WHQL candidate version with various bug fixes and enhancements.

Release Fixes

•   Corrected buffer optimisation for hi-speed devices.
•   Fix BSOD when terminating application with full buffers after disconnect.
•   Prevent data being written to hi-speed chips until baud rate has stabilised.
•   Fix XOn/XOff issue.
•   Fix BSOD when connecting an FT232R/FT245R with endpoint size of 0.
•   Fix possible BSOD when opening hi-speed device with full buffers.
•   Added ability to alias hi-speed baud rates up to 12Mbaud.
•   Added more languages to FTLang:
o   Dutch
•   Corrected positioning of controls on property page for some display settings.
•   FTLang will now detect current user interface language rather than Windows system language.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 03:51:38 PM by Dorsal »

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 03:44:41 PM »
Hi Phil,

Can't see any here http://warp9td.com/downloads.htm

Daniel

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 12:52:21 PM »
Looks like just the USB driver, not a new plugin. You'll see it if you click the link in the first post. I don't see a new plugin anywhere.
--
Tom
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 01:11:07 PM »
For Those that cannot see the wood for the trees  ::)

http://warp9td.com/downloads.htm

At the top of the page is the driver

Scroll down for the plugin

2009-11-07    PlugIn: SmoothStepper_Beta2_v015ogx2.m3p

- There was a problem with the version of "include files" that I was using when I compiled the plugin. Brian has sent the latest version and I recompiled the plugin. Version "ogx" has been replaced with version "ogx2".

- FRO can now be made to go as high as Mach allows, since Mach is in control of it now.

- There was a problem with an asymmetry between CW and CCW when jogging. The asymmetry was evident at very low step rates. This is fixed now.

- The debounce filter has been improved. Now its behavior mimics a low-pass filter.

- Offline mode has been added. It saves the machine coordinates before entering Offline mode and restores them upon exiting.

- The Homing routine has changed significantly. The old routine reset the machine coordinates as it progressed through the state machine. It shouldn't do that if the homing routine is also to be used for the Verify command. Verify will perform a home operation, but in the end it will not change the machine coordinates. As long as your homing is repeatable, the Verify routine will let you know if you have lost any steps. If you have no backlash and you're not losing electrical pulses, when the machine comes back to machine zero, it should read zero. I added a feature to limit the amount of distance the machine will travel when searching for a home switch. This feature was mostly for when a slaved axis is de-slaved from its master. You can specify a short distance so that the gantry does not get twisted up. Unfortunately, I don't think the homing routine is working perfectly well yet. The problem is in syncing with Mach. As soon as the axes are de-slaved, there is a tiny adjustment that is made and it should not move at all. I need to dig into this to figure out why this is happening. I have not tested the Verify function, though the code is in the homing routine now. It should work, but it has not been tested. I need to get a new release out, so this is something I can fix for next time, if it needs fixing.

- The ESC key used to cause great pain in the last plugin. It is handled properly now. It does the same thing that Stop does, except for stopping the spindle. Please note that Stop is an abrupt stop, just like EStop.

- There was a bug in limits, where the EStop would not occur in the device. Instead the data was being relayed from the device, to Mach, and then back to the device. This took too long and if the machine was moving rapidly it would overtravel. Now it is trapped in the device and it stops in an instant (or a bit later if you are running it through the debounce filter).

- If you hit a limit switch, you should be able to back off of the limit now.

- There was a bug in the spindle acceleration. It was 8 times too fast, so if you got your spindle working just right you are going to need to tune it again. Sorry about that, but the acceleration is right now.

- If a G28.1 was performed as part of a gcode program, there was a bug in the homing routine that would not permit the program to continue after it had executed the G28.1. That has been fixed.

- There is an option now for de-referencing the axes if an EStop occurs. By default that is turned off, so that it will be the same as it has been. But if you want the axes to be de-referenced, you can check off that box in the SmoothStepper's config and it will do that when you EStop.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 01:14:54 PM by Phil_H »
The Good Thing About Mach3, Is It's very Configurable

The Bad Thing About Mach3, Is It's Too Configurable

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, 01:15:16 PM »
Still missing the wood for the trees here! That plugin was posted 11/7/09, nearly two months ago. Is there some newer one in the trees somewhere for us wanderers?
--
Tom

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 02:04:36 PM »
What is the updated part there Phil? Can't see any documentation saying anything has been updated ???

Daniel

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 04:39:16 PM »
Phill is English and the weather is usually mild down that way compared to here, he must just have been frozen for a few months and not seen the plugin ;D

Hood