Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:10:11 AM

Author Topic: Sanity check please - LC not posting  (Read 3218 times)

Offline Mattw

•  41 41
    • View Profile
Sanity check please - LC not posting
« on: December 31, 2009, 10:53:31 PM »
Could one of you capable folks load this dxf and see if LC will post code.  I can't seem to get anything to post.  I thought it might be because I don't have the Pro version of LC, so I generated this simple zigzag.  I tried all available dxf formats, but got the same results from all.  I do have the mach license.

Maybe re-install LC?

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Sanity check please - LC not posting
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 02:20:41 AM »
Hi, Mattw

Loads and posts just fine hear.

Chip

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 09:38:15 AM »
Did you take a look at the LC manual on posting?
RICH

Offline Mattw

•  41 41
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 11:55:49 PM »
Thanks for checking.

Whatever it was, re-installing LC fixed it.  It'll post every time now.

If it helps anyone with debug, what I was seeing down in the "Project" window was the text saying the g-code was created, but I was not getting the pop-up window saying the code was created, with the location and file name.

All is good now.

p.s. Rich, I did not find anything in the manual relating to this problem.  I even did a search for every instance of "post" in the manual in case it was slipped in somewhere else.  Did I miss something?  Are we talking about "LAZYCAM_MANUAL_REV_1.PFD", or is there another manual out there?

Thanks again for the help!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 12:01:50 AM by Mattw »

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 09:22:48 AM »
Mattw,
I have made a note to myself to add some more info on posting. Whenever that may be!

Good going on watching the project info as it gives you a glue as what LC is doing.

There are times that LC will not give you a gcode file but said  the gcode was created. That is usualy a clue to me that something is wrong with my tool parameters as they apply to a command.
In that light, that would not have helped if a bad installation was done, so at least you have it working.

If you have a problem, just post, and yes include the DXF.
Known problems / bugs are listed in the back of the manual. There may be more, but that's what i found when writing the manual and reading all the replies ever made about LC.

RICH