Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 06:17:15 PM

Author Topic: Help with adding a rotary table on LPT2  (Read 3235 times)

Help with adding a rotary table on LPT2
« on: December 31, 2009, 02:20:51 PM »
I could use a little insight on adding a rotary table on my router. My current config under Mach3 has A slaved to Y and X and Z drive there axis. My question concerns adding a rotary table under LPT2. Should I configure this axis a B or C as those appear to be my only options or doesn't it matter. I will be using Cut2D to generate my G code. All axis are driven by a Gecko G540 and the rotary will be a G250.

Frank

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Help with adding a rotary table on LPT2
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 04:15:24 PM »
Dont know about Cut2D but unless you can assign which axis is rotary in the post processor of the CAM then it would probably be best to set your rotary up as the A axis and just reassign the slaved axis to be the B.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 07:22:41 PM »
Hood, that may just be the answer because down the road assigning the axis otherwise would become a major issue. I never thought of this approach and will give it a shoot as soon as I get my rotary axis build finished. Anyone else reading this thread I errorred. My G code will be coming from Cut3D not Cut2D.
Thanks Hood,
Frank

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 01:24:20 AM »
When using Mach3, it is best to assign the rotary axis as A.  Even though by convention it might be a B axis, or even C.

The reason is that Mach can only visually represent A axis toolpaths correctly.  Not B or C.

So I would simply make the slaved axis B and rotary A.

Greg
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 10:04:33 AM »
Thanks Greg and Hood, Yes I can see looking forward this is the way to go. I am working on getting the mechanics of my rotary axis together this weekend and once done I will indeed give this a go.
Thank you for your reply.
Frank