Hello Guest it is April 17, 2024, 10:07:32 PM

Author Topic: mpg and pokeys plugin  (Read 3726 times)

mpg and pokeys plugin
« on: December 27, 2009, 04:57:04 PM »
i have the latest pokeys plugin installed. have upgraded the firmware to the latest from poscope.i have fast encoders enabled. when checking raw encoder output in the pokeys software , i get good fast encoder response. when mach3 is started, checking io of the pokeys, sometimes shows output , sometimes not. i have the mpg enabled in ports and pins, port 10 pin 1 for a, port 10 pin2 for b.
in the pokeys plugin config, encoder1 is set as mpg4.am i supposed to have a brain running for this to work? is the modio brain need to be enabled?

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: mpg and pokeys plugin
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 08:34:34 AM »
hit the "Tab" Key and make sure that you see the MPG (not continous or step), led is on.

also, if you used the stock installer, Load the "PoKeys" profile, and make sure you have the "PoKeys.set" at your screen set (for testing), if not load it.
it looks just liek the stock OEM mach3 but you will see a PoKeys button to the right of your dia button, push that button, it will take you to the
PoKeys diag page. There is a lable that says TC (it means Tick Couter), make sure that number is always updating (changing).

scott
fun times
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 06:34:52 AM »
thanks Scott, i have used the pokeys screenset and seen the tick counter working properly. i have had the mpg working , but only sometimes.close mach3, restart does not work. restart mach3, mpg works properly. although i find that the mpg is not as responsive and a bit of lag as compared to being connected to the parallel port. i have a lathe panel that i have been trying to make with all buttons and functions completely run by pokeys, with the exception of estop.just plug in usb and install. works very well.

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 01:59:09 PM »
currently stick with Single Step for MPG in Mach3, I think Brian is still looking for the bug for the other MPG types that where having some issues......

scott
fun times