Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:18:48 AM

Author Topic: Converting Units of Measurement.  (Read 7252 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Converting Units of Measurement.
« on: December 21, 2009, 04:40:03 AM »
A handy little program which will convert most units of measurement is available for free download here:-

http://joshmadison.com/software/convert-for-windows/

I have not tested all conversions for accuracy but the ones I have used are spot-on. Thought this may be of interest to others.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
Re: Converting Units of Measurement.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 05:44:05 PM »
Hehe...few years ahead of ya on that one, Tweakie. That is indeed one heck of a program. I have 2 instances of it pinned to my start menu for easy access. Why 2? Well, the only way to swap between the two units being converted is by use of the options menu>Invert selected units. A simple button would have been icing on this cake. It's a minor annoyance, but it does warrant me to run two instances, if I'm doing allot of converting. Definitely two thumbs up from me, and if had an extra thumb, I would give it 3.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 06:37:34 PM »
Hey Sam, why didn't you tell me about this years ago ?. I've really been struggling.  ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 09:09:09 PM »
No pain, no gain. I didn't do it to hurt you, I did it to help you, bud.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 03:00:10 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 02:22:21 PM »
Hey Tweakie, I found another converter that looks to be very useful. This time, I won't let you wait for a few years before I disclose the info. ;D I did have to pull a few strings with the secret squirrel society, but no big deal.  I just stumbled on to it a couple days ago, but it looks very promising. What I like most about it is that you type in a value, and it converts it on the fly to all the different units. No more selecting 'convert from this unit, to this unit'.  It is a sidebar gadget for vista or Win7, so it's always accessible, which is also a big plus for those of us that do conversions frequently. It also has some good options, so you can take out the units you would never need, etc...

http://www.netzsch-thermal-analysis.com/en/products/software/converter/

Oh yes.....it is 100% free.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 02:26:00 AM »
Thanks Sam, I like 100% free.  ;D

My laptop runs Vista so I will add it to the sidebar gizmo's.

Also a big thanks to the Secret Squirrel.

Hey, how's that new mill of yours coming along ?.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 03:50:37 AM »
The mill is coming along slowly, but it's not dead. I lost out on a nice set of linear rails a couple days ago for the Z axis >:( , so I'm still "on the prowl" for those. I purchased a ball nut for the screws so that I could go ahead and make some flanges and mount them, and now I have decided to just purchase the entire screw assembly with the end blocks, ends machined, and everything ready to just bolt on. It ends up being almost as cheap, and saves a TON of fabricating time. Oh well, if my only wasteful purchase is a $30.00 ball nut, I'll be more than happy.
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 05:09:57 AM »
Thanks or you can also check Unit converter.
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2021, 08:44:10 AM »