Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:53:16 AM

Author Topic: Help with Auto tool zero macro?  (Read 10872 times)

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Auto tool zero macro?
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 05:21:58 AM »
Steve

You had better post your XML and I will have a look.

Greg
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 10:33:23 AM »
Greg,

I am not all that savvy with computers how do I post the XML.  Also I have a legacy version of the software and there are 2 XMlL files do you want them both.

Steve

Offline ftec

•  88 88
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2010, 05:25:09 PM »
I don't see anything in this code fragment that would stop the Z movement once it has been commenced until it has reached Z-30.

G31 is a probe move, so it is inherent in the move to stop when the probe input goes active.

Sawdustman,  will the probe move stop when triggered if you manually enter the "G31 Z-30 F50" in the MDI?

Greg

Thanks Greg, gradually learning to understand this. Btw. my Z zeroing does not stop with the assigned emulating key either but it stops with the real input. Using now Mach 036, was same with 033.

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2010, 06:45:00 PM »

I am not all that savvy with computers how do I post the XML.  Also I have a legacy version of the software and there are 2 XMlL files do you want them both.

What do you mean by "Legacy Version".    You should probably be using the latest lockdown version.

The XML will most likely be called, "Mach3Mill.xml", unless you have made a custom one.  Just add it to your post as an attachment.

Greg
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2010, 01:34:49 AM »
Greg

I have a legacy cnc machine and it has it's own profile with the xml below.

Steve

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2010, 10:02:31 PM »
Steve

I looked at your XML and could see no issues regarding probe input.

While I had it loaded I tried a G31 move and it stopped when the probe input was emulated.

I don't know what else to suggest apart from try a clean reinstall of Mach.

Greg

EDIT:  Just had a thought.   :)

If you are testing on a computer without the driver installed then emulation of the probe input will not work.

Do you have the driver installed?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 11:02:26 PM by Greolt »
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2010, 01:31:28 AM »
I am running it on both one has the driver installed and the other is not.  both computers are vista if that matters.  I was planning to try it on an old xp computer that I have to see if that works.I have my probe on active hi and I am running 5volts to the mill and a probe lead.  Does it matter how the digitize light is lit?  I was thinking that if it can be emulated that how it lights should not matter.