Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:19:22 AM

Author Topic: Reinstalling mach3  (Read 3104 times)

Reinstalling mach3
« on: December 13, 2009, 10:45:15 AM »
I have installed the new driver,upgraded the license.Now i need to move xmls,macros,brains,screen4 ect. I am unable to reinstall these files/folders.Do I delete the  ie download folder xmlbackups and replace with old xmlbackup folder? When I saved mach3 its in its complete form. Im trying to get just the default settings back. Could someone please explain step by step what I am missing?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Reinstalling mach3
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 11:07:20 AM »
Just go to your old Mach3 folder and look for the xml for the profile you were using, for example if you used the standard Mach3Mill profile it will be called Mach3Mill.xml, if you had a custom profile it will have that name.
Once you find it just copy it and paste into your new Mach3 folder.

Hood
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 01:44:28 PM »
Thanks hood for getting back so soon,Im making progress but Im unable to locate files for custom screen btns.,edit script for auto z,were they suppose to be with mach3mill.xml ?
Also I noticed Im missing tool offset coordinates. Thanks Ron.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 01:51:24 PM by cab.guy »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 01:52:32 PM »
If you have a custom screen you will need the bitmaps for it, normally they will be in a folder within the Bitmaps folder and usually the folder will have the name of the screen.
 The screen itself will be in the main Mach folder and it will have the custom name followed by .set. If it is a VB button on that screen then replacing the screen will also replace the VB.
Hood