Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:22:55 PM

Author Topic: It's Always Something! Now Probing Doesn't Work!  (Read 4406 times)

It's Always Something! Now Probing Doesn't Work!
« on: December 11, 2009, 02:01:44 PM »
Yesterday, I spent some time doing some cleanup and improvement on my suite of probing macros. Today I thought "I'll just wander up to the shop, and spend a
few minutes testing them out on the machine!" After all, how hard could it be??  Well, today Mach3 is apparently not disposed to paying any attention whatsoever
to the PROBE input. The hardware is all working just fine, but nothing I do will get Mach3 to recognize that the PROBE input is changing state. Even
defining the PROBE input as Emulated doesn't work! I've tried two different versions of Mach3 (020, and 032), and neither one works. 020, of course, has
been working just fine for most of the last year, but no more.

What the hell is going on? Can this be yet another XML glitch?

Regards,
Ray L.

Regards,
Ray L.
Re: It's Always Something! Now Probing Doesn't Work!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 04:58:53 PM »
Looks like my SmoothStepper has gone partially belly up - some inputs no longer work.  I moved the probe over to port 3, and it's working fine.  Port1 pins 13 and 15, and perhaps others, are toast.  Odd, since nothing's changed in there in months.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 07:00:23 PM »
Hi Ray,
  Did you by chance go back to the original configuration before *doing some cleanup and improvement* ?
Seems a very odd coincidence that this went wacky right at the changes.
I know little about programming but had mine do CRAZY stuff after experimenting with many macros, brains and VB.
I had to wipe it out and start over on one PC.
From reading most all of your posts, I'm sure you know what you're doing.......just chiming in.
I hope it's not the SS. Keep us posted as to what you find.

Thanks,
RC
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 07:23:41 PM »
Hi Ray,
  Did you by chance go back to the original configuration before *doing some cleanup and improvement* ?
Seems a very odd coincidence that this went wacky right at the changes.
I know little about programming but had mine do CRAZY stuff after experimenting with many macros, brains and VB.
I had to wipe it out and start over on one PC.
From reading most all of your posts, I'm sure you know what you're doing.......just chiming in.
I hope it's not the SS. Keep us posted as to what you find.

Thanks,
RC

RC,

I'm not even making it as far as running the macros.  I have a PROBE LED on the screenset, and it was not registering anything.  But I moved the probe to another input, on the SS port 3, and it works properly (and the macros work!). 

It appears my SS is going wonky on me.  It's been getting progressively more flaky the last month or two, and it's now locking up Mach after only a few minutes of use.  Looks like it's dying on me....

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 07:27:55 PM »
Ray, what plugin are you using? Tried going back a few Revisions on the plugin?

Hood
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 08:15:31 PM »
Ray, what plugin are you using? Tried going back a few Revisions on the plugin?

Hood

Hood,

I'm still using the same software I've been using for most of the last year.  Nothings' changed.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 08:25:44 PM »
Try deleting the plugin and installing it again, if not maybe the  SS needs wiped and reset, had to do that way back in the Beta testing but forget how it was done, think I had to download some stuff from the chip makers site or maybe Greg sent it to me.
Hood