Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:29:25 AM

Author Topic: Problem enabling brains  (Read 3482 times)

Problem enabling brains
« on: December 09, 2009, 05:26:13 PM »
Noob here with what is probably a noob question but I searched to no avail.
I wrote a few simple brains to activate control panel led's which work as intended, however..... after I shut down/restart mach, the brains load but they are no longer enabled.
I have to go in and enable them again, everytime. Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance,
Marc

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Problem enabling brains
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 05:33:24 PM »
No thats not normal, only thing I can think of is your xml is read only so have a look and make sure its not.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 06:08:39 PM »
I usually have trouble enabling my brain first thing in the morning as well, but that's a different matter....

I have to assume the Brains enables are stored in the XML file, so first check to make sure your XML has not somehow become read-only.  It may also have become corrupted, so if you have a good backup, I'd try copying that over and see if that fixes it.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 07:10:03 PM »
Thanks for the quick replies...I'll look into it more
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 08:55:21 PM »
Update...xml file is not read only, I installed a fresh copy of mach and tried again and it still does the same thing.Brains must be
reenabled after every start of mach
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 11:10:35 PM »
I accidentally figured it out.I renamed the brain files and suddenly they work.
Apparantly you cannot have spaces in the file name (ex. mpg brain.brn). Change the name with no spaces in it,(ex. mpgbrain.brn), and it works flawlessly now.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 08:57:36 AM »
Ah OK well I knew about the no space problem but never thought about telling you because the problem I have is Mach will crash when I try to enable a Brain with a space in the name. Looks like thats another thing to try and remember ;D

Hood