Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 08:59:35 AM

Author Topic: scope shows pulse but no displayed.  (Read 2937 times)

scope shows pulse but no displayed.
« on: December 04, 2009, 10:17:44 AM »
hello I have read some post already on this problem. i am using tectonics equipment a tech 10 board with there breakout boards. etc. i have all working i can drive my tale but have runaway condition. i can slew with my pendent all are parallel ported. my e stop works my green lights are on on my driver board. my analog signal to my motor control is in spec. my O-scope shows a powered encoder and good square pulses. but no display of the encoder on the screen. all are zero's. i have tried every pin or port there is and the same thing happens.

one other thing while i have an all green condition on my system i will turn my axis manually and it will fault out with a following error this all tells me that i have throughput for the pc, break outboard, cables, drivers, encoders but no display on the screen. no control via mach 3 so it seems mach 3 doesn't see the pulses from the encoder.

so my question would be from my reading is there another bit of software out there that can help setup my encoder to work with the mach3 etc.? i need some help

thanks
Warren :(

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: scope shows pulse but no displayed.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 11:11:01 AM »
You will not see the encoders in Mach unless you have secondary encoders and have set them up as such. If it is the motors encoders then they go to the servo drives and thus dont go to Mach.
 With a runaway and DC servos it is often bad connections of the encoders to the drives. I dont have much experience with DC Servos as I use AC ones but I think you can also get a runaway situation if you have the motors polarity the wrong way round with respect to the encoder.

Hood
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 11:26:03 AM »
trouble is i dont see a disply for the encoder. these are seperate encoders mounted with rack an pinion gears rotary glass quadratures. my tech 10 have inputs for them and they seem to see the inputs and i know they work for i have tested them with an oscope. how to i connect them what are the pinouts i should use or try? am i missing somthing?

thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 11:28:39 AM »
I dont know anything about the Tech 10 I am afraid, do you have a link to a manual?
Hood