Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 05:35:18 AM

Author Topic: motor output help  (Read 3056 times)

motor output help
« on: December 04, 2009, 07:55:25 AM »
I am now setting up my mach 3 software and there is something i am not clear about, on the motor output
tab on the ports and pins dialog
on the  pmdx-122   i have 4 outputs   2 x  1y and 1 z
yet on the motor output tab it shows only 1 x setting to be enabled.
does this one setting supply both motors.
what would be the correct step and drive pins.     what do i need to check to know if i am using the correct step and drive pins
this is on a shopbot cnc.
thanks paul

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
Re: motor output help
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 10:00:51 AM »
I dont know but are you running a gangtry style mill with 2 steppers or servos on the x axis? That is the only reason I would think  there would be 2 X's in the output. I know in mach there is a setting for slaving an axis to any of the axis'. Are you running more than 1 parallel port? If no then the port should always be set to 1. Pins are dependent on your set up but I would think shopbots documentation would help with that. I dont know anything about a shopbot.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 10:03:28 AM by Fastest1 »
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 10:10:30 AM »
yes  i have a gangtry style mill with 2 steppers  on the x axis so then i need to slave the axis correct?
will have to do some more reading about how to get this done
thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 11:06:42 AM »
You will need to set up the second motor on the X axis as an A then slave that with the X. There are settings on General Config page that you need to set as well, one that you must do is set the A as a linear axis rather than rotational and the other ones regarding the homing will depend on how your home switches are set up on the slaved axis.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 12:43:27 PM »
thanks for all your help  paul