Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 07:28:45 PM

Author Topic: tool display  (Read 9943 times)

tool display
« on: November 27, 2009, 12:57:12 PM »
Ok maybe this has been talked about before, but i did a search and did not find what i was looking for. I downloaded mach3 and set it up on my mill. everything seems fine. But when I load a gcode file like say the road runner one, the first time its there and everything looks fine but then I think I did something and now I cant see the toolpath or object I want to try. I have not registered as of yet. Does this have something to do with it. I think the road runner is under 500 line limit am I not right? Or is there a way to blow up or magnify the object on my table. Because it looks like its a tiny spec in the middle of the table.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: tool display
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 01:40:08 PM »
The Roadrunner is over 500 lines but the display will show the first 500. Sounds like you may be in table view, click the display button and see if that puts it back. The other thing it could be is your DROs are a long way away from the work zero position, if you zero each DRO it may bring things back in.
 If you still have problems attach your xml please.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 04:11:24 PM »
ok what happens to the demo after 500 lines of gcode is run? Does it start doing screwy stuff? Now I can not get my x y or z to move by manually trying to move them. But if I goto config and motor tuning I can get them to go. Is it because I am at the end of the demo limit? Id like to know before I fork over $175 and still have the same problem..

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 04:16:31 PM »
No, the demo is fully functional with only a few things disabled, the things are max 100 lines of code in Turn, 500 in Mill, Run From Here disabled, Threading in Turn disabled and a few others I cant remember at the moment.

It sounds like you have the Jog Control switched off, have a look and see if the LED round the button is off, if it is press the button and jogging should be back :)

Hood
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 04:28:37 PM »
No, the demo is fully functional with only a few things disabled, the things are max 100 lines of code in Turn, 500 in Mill, Run From Here disabled, Threading in Turn disabled and a few others I cant remember at the moment.

It sounds like you have the Jog Control switched off, have a look and see if the LED round the button is off, if it is press the button and jogging should be back :)

Thank you very much!!!  That was exactly the problem. I have a lot to learn here.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 04:30:33 PM »
We are all still learning :)
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 04:33:27 PM »
Hood,

Is there a way that I can move an axis say .500 with out gcode. when I try to jog it goes to fast to stop at an exact number.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 04:38:21 PM »
Yes, press the Tab key and on the flyout screen you can set to Step mode and then set the distance you want each step to be.

hOOD
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 05:10:31 PM »
also..MDI  to EXACT positions.
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2009, 05:15:22 PM »
ok im very new to this. how about a step by step. Say I want to move the x axis 0.5000

Thanks