Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:34:53 AM

Author Topic: Rotary Axis on Y  (Read 2913 times)

Offline Katoh

•  287 287
    • View Profile
Rotary Axis on Y
« on: November 26, 2009, 07:56:19 AM »
Good Evening All
I am just completing putting on my rotary axis which turns around Y. all was fine till someone else told me that I would have to name that axis B. OK well everthing in Mach was working when I called it A, So I changed it to B now I cant get 4 axis readout on the screen to work. Any ideas there? or Should I just leave the axis as A, or will that cause a clash with the code coming in.
T.M
Cheers
Katoh

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Rotary Axis on Y
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 08:01:10 AM »
I would just leave it as the A if it wasnt causing you problems but if you wanted you could easily change the DRO and Zero button  for the 4th axis to show the 5th (B) by altering it in Screen4.

Hood

Offline Katoh

•  287 287
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 08:09:18 AM »
Thanks Hood
That's what I thought intially that it makes no difference what you call it in mach just as long as what ever cam package you use, you set it up that the object turns around the y axis when generating a tool pass.
By the way its been a while since I spoke to you and I think I last spoke of Scotland beeting the world in Rugby, Well they sure showed us up, it might come true.
T.M
Cheers
Katoh

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 03:09:49 PM »
Even though, by convention, your rotary axis should be called B, there is another reason why Mach users tend to call it A.

Mach can only represent A axis in the toolpath window as a rotary toolpath.  It can not represent B or C.

Fortunately most CAM that I have seen allow you to specify what you call your rotary and what axis it rotates about.

Greg

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 03:27:48 PM »
By the way its been a while since I spoke to you and I think I last spoke of Scotland beeting the world in Rugby, Well they sure showed us up, it might come true.
T.M

Not often that happens, but they are playing well at the moment :)

Hood