Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:16:43 PM

Author Topic: Homing the machine.  (Read 6330 times)

Re: Homing the machine.
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2009, 07:33:16 PM »
I did that and it definitely helped. When I was on the diagnostics screen I could see the green squares for the prox switches flashing in a random order. How can I get rid of the noise, what is the best way to shield the switches and or wiring?

I also tried to auto calibrate the axis. When I tried to input a value such as 2 inches it would not accept anything from the keypad. I know the keypad is working okay, why will it not accept any value?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2009, 07:36:59 PM »
You really need shielded wire and have the shield connected to ground at one end only and best to have all shielding grounded to a single loacation in your control cabinet.

Are you pressing the Enter Key on your keyboard after you type into a DRO?
Hood
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2009, 07:55:46 PM »
It is okay I figured that part out. I will have to see if I can get some shielded wire and switches there is way too much noise and it keeps tripping the prox switches so it will not home properly.

Thanks for all your help, with luck I may have this up and running this week.

Martyn

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2009, 08:01:20 PM »
:)

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2009, 09:00:07 PM »
Some people have to insert a resistor in the homing switch circuit to eliminate errant spikes triiger them. Shielding is the best way to go also make sure the servo/stepper wires arent running right alongside the homing switch wiring.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)