Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 06:26:43 AM

Author Topic: New User, Mach 2 and 3 downloaded, frustrated MAXNC 10 OL  (Read 9241 times)

New User, Mach 2 and 3 downloaded, frustrated MAXNC 10 OL
« on: September 10, 2006, 01:05:48 AM »
This has got to be one of the most asked questions on this list but I have yet to see a solution posted.

Could someone help me out?

I'm looking for a configuration file for the MAX NC 10 OL.  Mach 2 or Mach 3, it does not matter -- at least I don't think it does.

When I use the check boxes for the MAX NC in either Mach 2 or Mach 3, my spindle spins up and will not turn off. 

Is there a quick reference guide to get this working ?  I have to be overlooking something very basic, but I've spent quite a few hours working on this today -- without any success!

Thank you for your help,

Regards,

Todd

ynneb

Re: New User, Mach 2 and 3 downloaded, frustrated MAXNC 10 OL
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 01:47:10 AM »
Does this thread help you out http://machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=545.0
I have uploaded some max nc files into the thread.
Because i dont use maxnc i cant offer much other help, although I know the file there has helped other users in the past.
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 09:50:12 AM »
I found this great file.  I'll post my findings.  It's on the Mach FTP site (go to Downloads, select FTP).

I have not had an opportunity to try it out yet.

I'll post my experiences.  Thank you for the additional references.

Todd

ynneb

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 09:53:31 AM »
I think you will find the zip fle I uploaded also contains what you now have, and more.
Lets hope you get your machine moving soon. :)
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 12:14:59 PM »
I've got the x,y,z jog working now.  Thank you for your help.

The spindle will spin up right away, I can use reset to stop it once.  If I jog x, y, or z, the spindle spins up and I can never stop it again.

This is the next debug step, why can't I control the spindle speed?  Grrrr.

I like features of the program.  It appears to be the right choice.  Just like learning a new cad package, it takes time to learn all of the features and train yourself to use it effeciently!

I'll post my solution once I figure it out!  If someone else has, please reply.  Same me some time, that would be good!

Regards,

Todd
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2006, 10:28:23 PM »
 ;D

Well, we have reached "happy user"!

I came home from my business trip, went through every possible setting.  Re-read the docs.  Convinced myself of some of the facts.  Then re-read the docs, watched the videos, and double checked everyting.

My MaxNC 10 OL, has three switches but only one signal back to Mach3.

My spindle problem was solved once I got all of the outputs going in the correct orientation. 

1............... M3 OUTPUT (LOW=ON, PULSE FOR PWM)
2............... A AXIS (quadrature)
3............... A AXIS (quadrature)
4............... Y AXIS (quadrature)
5............... Y AXIS (quadrature)
6................X AXIS (quadrature)
7............... X AXIS (quadrature)
8............... Z AXIS (quadrature)
9............... Z AXIS (quadrature)
10.............. INPUT, MOVE ENABLE (LOW=NORMAL OPERATION, HIGH=STOP, SEE NOTE)
11.............. INACTIVE
12.............. INPUT, HOME SWITCH (NORMAL OPERATION LOW)
13.............. INPUT, G61 SWITCH SENSOR
14.............. M8 OUTPUT (LOW=ON)
15.............. NONE
16.............. OUTPUT, DISABLE POWER TO MOTORS (LOW=NORMAL, HIGH=DISABLE)
17.............. OUTPUT, RESET CONTROLLER (LOW=RESET, HIGH=NORMAL)
18.............. ALL SIGNALS GROUND
19 TO 25 ....... NONE

The Max setup doc has pin #10 as an output.  That won't work.  The outputs are shown to be 14, 16, and 17.  The inputs are 10, 12, and 13.

The motor setup looks to be pretty good for the spindle (once I found these inputs were correct).

I tried milling my first cuts this evening.  I'm closer, but not quite there yet, some more calibration is in order.

Thank you for all of the settings and controls, Art.  It's worth the investment to learn what's going on.

Hopefully, I'll cut my first part before the end of the weekend and I have to go back to my day job!!!

:)

Best Regards,

Todd