Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:08:54 PM

Author Topic: Control Run away  (Read 3347 times)

Control Run away
« on: November 18, 2009, 10:07:59 PM »
I am having a strange problem.  I am using XP Pro. Running a CNC router with Mach 3 I used NF wizard to program a Rectangle the control runs fine it jogs, homes and has run some of the other files "road runner" etc.  Today after programming and posting  I started the program setting the z 0 high to test the program.  The control cut three sides and then went nuts.  I jumped around in the Y and X axis in rapid moves.   The toolpath tracked the movements.  The Code looks normal.  no od rapid moves in the program. I am running a dell P4 .  What am I doing wrong.  Thank you

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Control Run away
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 07:35:31 AM »
Could you post the problem file.
Sounds like a noise problem caused by the router or inproper motor tuning / settings.
RICH

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 07:56:24 AM »
If the toolpath is showing the movement then Mach knows its happening so unlikely its noise.
Were you doing anything on the computer at the time when the machine was running?
As Rich says post the code.

Hood
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 10:33:35 AM »
Thank you for your responce. I decided to sleep on it and try again today.  I noticed that there was a comment line at the point where the failure accrued after removing the comment the problem went away.  the comment was inclused in (...)  so I don't know why it did this.   Can you tell me if why? 

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 10:54:48 AM »
Post the code and maybe someone can tell you.
Hood