Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 06:15:57 AM

Author Topic: Safety-run order after stop / continue during programm  (Read 4063 times)

Safety-run order after stop / continue during programm
« on: November 18, 2009, 01:45:20 PM »
If Mach3 proposes a safty-run, the movement is always first Movements and after the Movement. This is a dangerous order. The other way around is much safer. Does somebody know if you can change this order?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Safety-run order after stop / continue during programm
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 02:09:51 PM »
Not really sure what you are meaning but thinking it could be the safe Z you are needing to set up.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 02:49:04 PM »
Sorry, XYZ fell away in the text

If Mach3 proposes a safty-run, the movement is always first  Z-Movements and after the XY-Movement. This is a dangerous order. The other way around is much safer. Does somebody know if you can change this order?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 02:54:27 PM »
I am unsure what type of machine you have but if a conventional type such as mill or router then you want the Z to move Up, X and Y to move next then finally Z down. To achieve that you set up Safe Z parameters from Config menu.
 If you are wanting it to do something else then I am not sure if you can.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 03:54:30 PM »
The way you discribe it is what I want, But my machine first goes to the Z-level and than to the XY position. If I do a restart, I always have to be sure that the Z is above the material. I have to search back in the programm to a save position. Sometimes it is hard to find. You think that it is a machine parameter?
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 03:55:05 PM »
I have a Gantry type machine

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 03:56:42 PM »
So surely you want the Z to be fully up before moving X and Y? If so set up a safe Z in machine coords and set the amount to 0 or just below zero, maybe -1 if you are using metric.
Hood