Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 02:40:53 AM

Author Topic: General Profile Setup  (Read 2913 times)

General Profile Setup
« on: November 17, 2009, 12:26:36 PM »
I am running servos on a Taig through a EMC-XYZ-GSX Servo Motor controller which was bought from supertech.com
I have gotten the motors to spin but am not sure that I have the profile set up perfectly. Is there any way I could get the XML file and load the correct one? Or should I use an XML that is posted somewhere? I am sorry if reiterating someone else's question just unsure if there is a profile that would be specific to this configuration. 
I set up the mill using the tutorial and it didn't spin, my coworker fiddled with the setting for a while and now they spin with the arrow keys but he said he is not sure he set it up perfectly and to ask for an XML file so I could load correct settings.
Thanks for the help. Again sorry if I am missing a post about exactly this.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: General Profile Setup
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 02:10:16 PM »
You would be best asking Super-tech if they have an xml suitable for your control. I have had a look at their site and afraid its not very easy to navigate your way round it. I found details of a 4 axis control which sounds similar and it has pinouts so would be easy to make up a profile for that. If you have similar info then please post it or if you have a direct link to your controls documentation that would be good.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 02:02:34 PM »
Thanks for the advice.
Emailed Super-tech to see if they have an XML file. Will see if that solves the issue.
I have documentation of the pinouts, which I have programed in just not sure if I have all the other settings right.
How would I "have a direct link to control documentation". Is that a matter of getting you an XML of my settings? I think I saw you explain to somone else how to do that on this board I can look that up.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 02:08:46 PM »
I am meaning a link to the manufacturers web page with the documentation for the exact model you have.

Hood