Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 09:58:47 PM

Author Topic: clean wiring no more  (Read 5432 times)

Offline BarryB

•  267 267
    • View Profile
clean wiring no more
« on: November 17, 2009, 01:17:07 AM »
Hey folks, I just wired up all the limit switches for X+/X-, Y+/Y-, Z+/Z- and Door Open.  After looking at the box afterward, it made me miss the cleanliness I had before.  I might have to rewire once everything is built, just to make it look prettier.  Still though, I thought you guys might like to see my progress.

This is wiring for 6 axis, with a shared signal for the X axis for twin motors driving that axis.  So that's 7 gecko drives, all individually shielded with fuses, a smooth stepper, C23 breakout board, E-Stop, 7 limit switches, and spindle with speed control.

Am I missing something super important?  Because I think I'm planning on starting with this to do the cutting.

Barry
Re: clean wiring no more
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 02:03:13 AM »
Kind of reminds me of the network cabling I ran into in a hospital I once worked in.  :D :D :D  After we network engineers got everything cleaned up and updated equipment installed, they out sourced our little group to India.  >:(

Offline BarryB

•  267 267
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 02:26:56 AM »
ack, that's not a good omen.  btw, i'm looking through old photos right now and found one of the ultimate machine shop.  Thought I'd share.  This is from the Jet Propulsion Lab.

I doubt my current wiring would cut it there;)
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 02:33:00 AM »
Ya think?  :D  I wish I could get a scaled down drawing of one of their complete turbines and try making a miniature version on a 5 axis machine.  That is one nice shop!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 03:50:14 AM »
Looks like you are almost there Barry. Can't wait to see pics of the stuff you make with your wonderful machine.

Tweakie.

btw. That lab is far too clean and tidy. If I worked there I could fix that in a couple of days.  ;D
PEACE

Offline BarryB

•  267 267
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 10:23:46 AM »
heh, you have no idea how clean, everything had that freshly oiled smell too.  All router bits and small parts were locked away and monitored by computer.  If something was missing, it was like an e-stop, nothing would operate, you had to find it and return it.  The QC was rediculous there, but you need that for rockets I guess;)
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 10:34:13 AM »
ack, that's not a good omen.  btw, i'm looking through old photos right now and found one of the ultimate machine shop.  Thought I'd share.  This is from the Jet Propulsion Lab.

I doubt my current wiring would cut it there;)

Yeah, it certainly looks good.  OTOH, these are the guys that sent up the Hubble Space Telescope with a ridiculously obvious error in the optics.  Sometimes substance is more important than form.

Cheers,

BW
Try G-Wizard Machinist's Calculator for free:

http://www.cnccookbook.com/CCGWizard.html