Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 07:27:05 PM

Author Topic: No file/load dxf option, only ENTIB. Whats this?  (Read 11962 times)

No file/load dxf option, only ENTIB. Whats this?
« on: November 13, 2009, 08:50:05 AM »
I have been reading my manual on how to load Dxf files. It says to select the file/load file dxf etc. My software has an "Entib" option. What's this? I,m a newbie, and I'm still having trouble loading Gcode files. The only codes I can load are from lazycam. I would like to use deskengrave. I open the gcode in notepad, save it as a txt file, open it in mach3 and it has several issues with it so it doesn't run it. It seems the only files are the files created with the tap extension. Does the gcode from deskengrave need to be converted or altered to run with mach? So many questions, too few answers. I am planning on buying Mach3 if I know I am smart enough to operate it. It seems great, but I'm cheap, and I just want to be sure I can get past these hurdles first. Thank you.

Offline dray

•  19 19
    • View Profile
Re: No file/load dxf option, only ENTIB. Whats this?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 07:35:43 PM »
I just installed mach3 on my computer and I have the same problem. No import at all but I have Entib. If I click it a video type page appears. Also when I start mach3 it first gives a popup about an error for a dll and than one about xbox360!! So far have not found a cure. dray

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 11:41:47 AM »
The .dxf import the manual refers to was removed and replaced by LazyCAM years ago.

To get rid of the DLL error, disable all plugins and remove all the files in the mach3\plugins folder and restart Mach3.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 08:16:11 PM »
Good answer!

But what IS Entib, and why does it load Microsoft's video player??

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 08:33:12 PM »
My software has an "Entib" option. What's this?

What software are you talking about? Haven't the foggiest idea what Entib is.

RICH
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 09:05:00 PM »
In Mach3. 

It opens my windows media player, for reasons this newbie can't even imagine.  Is it supposed to do that?
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 09:56:57 PM »
Maybe it is meant to be Entlib ???  which is programming/coding guru stuff.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Enterprise_Library
?????,
Russ
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 12:08:09 AM »
If you had Mach3 running and watched a YoutTube video - like some of those demonstrating Mach3 plugins or setting up limit switches, etc,  = and you were asked if you wanted to add a link then the link could have been embed in Mach3.    Been there, done that, by accident.  In my case, when I click on ENTIB, I now open a Microsoft Media Player application.  I  figured out what happened, but can't figure out how to get rid of it.  Have tried deleting Mach3 and reloading, but ENTIB comes back again.  Thank you Microsoft.  >:( Think that if I deleted all the files in Mach3 and then uninstalled ENTIBt would go away when I re=installed, , but don't want to take a chance on losing an add-in that I want to keep.  So, I just don't click on ENTIB.

Bob@BobsShop

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 06:05:36 AM »
Thanks Bob,
This is a new one for me. Don't remember any posts on the subject in the last few years but then I could have missed them.
RICH
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 07:01:35 AM »
Nifty.

Thanks MS
Thanks Bob@BobsShop

Russ