Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:18:58 AM

Author Topic: Total Newb, No motion, frustrated......  (Read 3846 times)

Total Newb, No motion, frustrated......
« on: September 08, 2006, 11:12:42 PM »
Have brand new Xylotex plug-n-play 4 axis kit, know it is working, motors lock up on power on.
Have followed all Mach 3 directions, and Xylotex settings, but cannot get motion. I will be installing on a Taig mill as soon as I can get motion.
I am sure it is my ignorance in all things CNC, but cannot figure it out. Finally figured how to get my system to reset with out being offline, since I didn't have an Estop and mach automatically sets one I had to disable it. Now, I would really like to see all this $ do something, lol.

Any and all help appreciated!!

any Taig set up info, i.e. soft limits, etc would also help
Re: Total Newb, No motion, frustrated......
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 11:33:36 PM »
The motors will energize when power on and maybe you think they are locking up?  Sounds like they are not mounted.  Are you sure you are using the correct pin numbers and the axis' are enabled in the config?  I am guessing there is nothing wrong with the hardware just in your setup.
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 11:54:23 PM »
The motors are not mounted yet per the manual's suggestion. They power up, maybe not lock up, wrong word choice.
The axis are checked, and pins are correct in the set up.
I did have to disable (uncheck) the Estop since my controll box doesn't have one. I couldn't reset Mach except offline. Took a long time to figure that out lol.

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 08:03:46 AM »
Check the port setting. As for the estop, try enabling it and toggling the "active low" setting.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 07:36:07 PM »
ger thanks, that was it!