Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:15:11 AM

Author Topic: build a real cnc  (Read 10975 times)

Re: build a real cnc
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 02:08:33 PM »
NO Tuning necessary.
Ed VanEss

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2009, 02:25:12 PM »
Can you qualify that a bit Ed, I have never heard of a servo motor/drive combo that doesnt need tuning. Possibly if you get them as a matched set for a specific machine then the basic tuning will have been done before you get them, or maybe they have an auto tuning function? Any servo I have fitted however (only AC granted) has to be tuned on the machine in question for best performance, basic parameters can be set by selecting the motor in the drives internal software but to get things really accurate fine tuning is usually needed from my experience.

Hood
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2009, 03:00:01 PM »
Ajax has a thing called "autotune". it does allow you to go into parameters and make changes.
But the Ajax unit I have does NOT run on Mach. it runs on Linux.
The new Ajax unit that runs on Mach uses the same drive as mine , and runs on windows.
Thats about all I can tell you. Its been 4 years since I set this one up, and my memory is short.
(JUST  TURNED 70)
If I was to build another machine , I would definitly use the new ajax unit for Mach.
Mach support  was good for me, any questions I had were replied to in 24 hours via email.

Ed
Ed VanEss

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2009, 03:15:39 PM »
Thanks for the clarification Ed :-)
 Autotune works fairly well with my AC Servos but I was not totally happy with it but then again I am a tinkerer ;D

Well Ed, you are looking pretty good for 70 and Dracula is a canny looking beast  :)

Hood
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2009, 03:52:00 PM »
Sorry for the delay.

Ajax autotune measures drag and gravity , and adjust itself accordingly. Thats it all done.  :)
    *  Self-Autotuning, no Trim Pots to Adjust
    * Optically Isolated I/O for Noise Suppression
    * Fiber Optic Digital Communication
    * 3-axis Drive and Built in PLC for simple Installation

Hood , as far as me lookin good , the picture is 20 years old.. NO , just kidding. Thanks for the compliment.

Ed
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 04:02:39 PM by edvaness »
Ed VanEss

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2009, 04:06:17 PM »
;D