Hello Guest it is April 28, 2024, 01:36:49 AM

Author Topic: DXF Opening Problem  (Read 4601 times)

DXF Opening Problem
« on: November 09, 2009, 08:20:00 PM »
Hey I can't open any of my DXF files in Lazy Cam.....I just downloaded the program, I can open the DXF files in eDrawings but that is it.....Is their something I am missing....when I try and Open it with the open with command I get this Incompatible Version Of Archive.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: DXF Opening Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 08:31:11 PM »
Kuch,
Save your drawings as a version 12 DXF. I don't know anything about or use "eDrawing".
Post one of your DXF files. You can find info on DXF file exports in Appendix "C" of the Lazytrun Manual located in Members Docs.
RICH
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 08:45:04 PM by RICH »
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 11:10:06 PM »
Thanks Rich,

I just had the same problem... as i had to load a version of Lazycam to the new computer running my Super X3...

Changed the file to verson 12 . dxf.. and is all good.

Cheers
Ian
MotoGems.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 07:25:09 AM »
I have used other DXF file versions and they worked fine, but seems like a ver 12 is best and that is covered  in the manual .
RICH
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 02:05:41 AM »
HI I have a strange issue regarding DXF file in lazycam. I have been using Mach3 for a few weeks now but recently upgraded to the latest version My other version allowed you to open a DXF file from the main menu bar. In the newest version you open dxf files through lazycam. The wierd part is thisI used lazycam to open the dxf as saved in R12 version of autocad and I choose the mill option and everything works fine the file gets opened the entities are found and brought in the image appears in the display window and all is good...not quite I close that file and do some other things and I go back to open that exact same file and it can't open it  I choose the mill option and this time no entities are found as if the file is blank nothing is there ...I try again and no luck ...the next time I choose plasma cutter with the same file and it opens. I close it down and try again with mill and nothing... I try again with the mill and this time it opens. So there is no pattern sometimes it opens and sometimes it doesn't any ideas????

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 08:27:00 AM »
and do some other things
Don't know what other things you are doing? Maybe the file is in use by something else?
Using W7 by any chance?
You running LC via Mach or stand alone?
Just some thoughts......
Don't have an answer for you other than close and reopen LC and start over. ???

RICH

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 11:38:33 AM »
I was just posting it I know it is kind of wierd
My setup
dedicated windows machine nothing on it except
Windows XP with network connection
Mach3 latest version with lazycam
adobe reader  to read manuals and instructions in PDF

I transfer the file from autocad on my standard machine to the cnc dedicated PC and then open it there
I can work around it but it is just strange