Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 12:13:05 AM

Author Topic: "Show overlaying elements for selection" crashes  (Read 9858 times)

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
"Show overlaying elements for selection" crashes
« on: November 08, 2009, 03:05:44 PM »
When using "Show overlaying elements for selection" and selecting "none" the program is crashing.

Am I doing something wrong?

Greg

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
Re: "Show overlaying elements for selection" crashes
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 06:24:43 PM »
 Klaus

This is a great new feature and will make my screen designing experience even better. However it looks like it is not quite right yet.

There is no way to cancel out of the selection box.

If I select "None" then the program crashes. Width and height details are not all visible (see pic) and if I alter the column widths to see the details it does not remember that setting on next opening.

If I select a button near the bottom of the page then the dialogue box falls half off screen and the botton scroll bar is not visible.  (See pic).

Another thing, when editing I often drag elements off the screen to make room while I rearrange things.  

The background being black, some elements become invisible and get lost.

See pic.   Example label left half on screen and half on background.  Becomes invisible against the black background.  

Can we have a a lighter colour?  Or user selectable?

I like your editor and very much appreciate the work you have done.  :)

Greg  
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 06:26:47 PM by Greolt »
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 04:30:07 AM »
Greg,

About the crash I will have a look at that. For the time being you can leave the dialog with the "ESC" key. Regarding "height" value out off sight, this control is listview, when grab the vertical line in the column-line you can shift it to the left. Regarding "scrollbar being covered" by the dialog, if you grab the systembar you can move it to any place you want. When you have the background black, which element element did you move? What colour do you want selectable? 

Klaus
The brain isn't a soap, it doesn't shrink when used.

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 05:51:40 AM »
Klaus thank you for your reply.

"For the time being you can leave the dialog with the "ESC" key"

When I use the ESC key it crashes the program also.

"Regarding "height" value out off sight, this control is listview, when grab the vertical line in the column-line you can shift it to the left."

Every time the dialogue opens the height field is out of view again.  It does not remember that I dragged the column across.

"When you have the background black, which element element did you move? What colour do you want selectable?"

It is not the screen background that is black.  Screen background colour is selectable.  It is the area outside of the screen background area that is black.

Please do not think I am being picky.  I like your screen editor very much.  :)

Greg

Greg,

About the crash I will have a look at that. For the time being you can leave the dialog with the "ESC" key.
Regarding "height" value out off sight, this control is listview, when grab the vertical line in the column-line you can shift it to the left.
Regarding "scrollbar being covered" by the dialog, if you grab the systembar you can move it to any place you want.
When you have the background black, which element element did you move? What colour do you want selectable?  

Klaus
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 05:59:01 AM by Greolt »
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 09:00:12 AM »
Hey Greg,

I fixed the "overlaying item" problem in version V1.31

Klaus

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 05:13:28 PM »
Klaus

That is fantastic.  :)

Thanks very much,  Greg

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 05:28:57 PM »
Klaus, thanks. I have not had time to load any of your later versions yet but I hope I can soon. I have been following the threads and your just fantastic! Thanks so much Klaus.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 07:32:51 PM »
Klaus

Been using the editor a bit lately and this new selection method is a great improvement.

I don't know how we got along without it now. :)

There is some odd issue with selection handles being persistent after de-selection. The flashing ones.  Persists even if the page number viewed is changed.

Also I wondered if we could have a screen refresh button or right click selection.

Often I need to reselect the page number to refresh the page and get artefacts to disappear.  After a repositioning of an element.

Greg
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2009, 04:12:58 PM »
Hey Greg,

I'll fix that "flashing" problem in the next version. I also will implement the refresh feature. It would be usefull for me, if you could tell me what to do, to get the artefact's  on the screen.

Klaus

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 06:36:17 AM »
Klaus

I can not get artefacts to happen right now.  I don't know why.

When it happens again I will post a screen grab and try to work out when and why.

Greg