Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:13:16 AM

Author Topic: G-code line limit in the demo versions  (Read 9963 times)

G-code line limit in the demo versions
« on: October 29, 2009, 10:21:47 AM »
When reaching the limit, Mach3Mill and Mach3Turn should generate a coherent error message.  I was just told, in a different part of the forum, that reaching the limit causes the bizarre behavior in the G-code list window.

And the documentation should spell out the demo-version limitations, perhaps in the installation section.  That's the first place I went looking for it.

Apparently Mach3Turn has a lower limit than Mach3Mill.  I was expecting a 500 line limit, based on what I'd read, and I wasted a lot of time finding and trying to figure out the bizarre behavior I was seeing.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: G-code line limit in the demo versions
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 10:37:23 AM »
I have made a few notes such that the LazyTurn Manual will have some info on program limits when it gets updated. The LazyCam manual does state that you will get an error message when using the Lathe module.
I don't have anything to do with the Mach3 Turn Manual , but it has not been updated for some time ,and will look
for clarity when it gets updated in the future.

Sorry for your wasted time on trying out the software and that you found that you couldn't get the full gcode for your project.

Just post when you have a problem and i am sure someone will reply in short order.

RICH

RICH
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 05:23:28 PM »
Is Mach3 Turn limited to 150 lines?  I think that is the problem I am running into.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 05:47:21 PM »
I have seen a few different postings as to some "magical number " of lines. Mill says 500 not even sure on turn.
Lets put this into perspective........
A CNC controller program is required and Mach is one of the best around and is a steal at it's price and support....SO
just get license already and quite trying to use it for free with the demo limitations!

RICH
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 06:01:15 PM »
I agree Rich, but this should be stated somewhere.  150 lines is not a whole hell of a lot and people need to know that before they do all the work.  I am going to get a license regardless but I think this would make potential users a little happier.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 06:19:27 PM »
It may be even less as i remember if you did a loop via a subroutine it could end up being just a few lines
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 09:42:50 AM »
that's the beauty of handwritten code, it's so small. My mill is licensed but at the same time, any of my programs could run on the unlicensed version because of compact coding.

My stab-in-the-dark guess is that the line limit is there to prevent bulky CAM generated code from being translated without paying for the license ;)