Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:11:51 AM

Author Topic: Milla Render Complete  (Read 4627 times)

Offline BarryB

•  267 267
    • View Profile
Milla Render Complete
« on: October 25, 2009, 10:56:11 PM »
Hey folks, thought I'd show you progress on Milla.  I was getting all my ducks in order with parts.  Then I had to model all those parts, to make any custom plates to connect everything together.  Anything in these renders that is metallic red will be a fabricated plate out of Alluminum.  I'll probably anodize them red too, just to offset the colors a bit.  I took a few snapshots around the model showing detail.  I'm sure it's not the best or most ideal system, but it's what my puny brain could come up with;)

Barry

Feeling fragile now, damn that was a lot of work.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Milla Render Complete
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 11:08:44 PM »
Looks real good Barry. I have wondered how the extrusion joints will hold up after running for a while. I have seen others made from the same material so maybe they will shed some light. If the bolted joints loosen up I would be tempted to still use the extrusion and maybe use some Lord Fusor #112B Adhesive. It is supposed to be stronger than a weld of the same size.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline BarryB

•  267 267
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 11:33:00 PM »
I've got a friend that is using just 1515 extrusions for a machine in his shop for the past 5 years and he says it's still rock solid.  As you can tell I went way way stiffer.  Each double anchor has at least 1200 lbs pressure holding it together, and I'm using at least 2 at every joint.  I think it'll be okay, but yeah, I'll be checking each joint like a madman the first few months.

Barry

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 09:10:28 AM »
Its going to be an impressive machine when it is all finished Barry.

Tweakie.
PEACE