Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 01:39:31 PM

Author Topic: Need Help re: download  (Read 7643 times)

Need Help re: download
« on: October 25, 2009, 07:22:28 PM »
Mach3 into old computer,

Mitra clone (I think?), 133 megahertz, Pentium 1 (Ithink), Windows 98 second edition,4.10.2222A, 40MB RAM,

I tried downloading Mach3 R3.042.029, no good unable too, I'm not a wizz at computers, my question is, if I download windows XP (if I can?) will that enable me to load Mach3?,

I have Master5 loaded at this moment,

..................Edmund...............
Re: Need Help re: download
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 07:51:10 PM »
Mach3 into old computer,

Mitra clone (I think?), 133 megahertz, Pentium 1 (Ithink), Windows 98 second edition,4.10.2222A, 40MB RAM,

I tried downloading Mach3 R3.042.029, no good unable too, I'm not a wizz at computers, my question is, if I download windows XP (if I can?) will that enable me to load Mach3?,

I have Master5 loaded at this moment,

..................Edmund...............

I think it's rather moot.  I doubt Mach3 would run at all on such a dog of a machine, no matter what you do to it.  The min. requirement for Mach3 is 1GHz CPU, 1Gbyte RAM.  Your best bet if you're determined to use that machine would be TurboCNC, which runs under DOS.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 08:36:34 PM »
Thanks Ray,
      I kinda guessed that was the reply I would get, thanks anyway,

..............Edmund.....................
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 08:43:57 PM »
Ray can I ask you a different question?, relating to a virus in computer?

.................Edmund............,
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 09:12:21 PM »
Ray can I ask you a different question?, relating to a virus in computer?

.................Edmund............,

You can ask, but I might not be able to answer....  Someone here will likely have an answer.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 10:11:37 PM »
Ray,,
   I have been running Mach3 on a computer capable of producing excellent results, unfortunately I contacted a very nasty virus a Trojan and others, my question is, would it be possible to do a complete download of XP, would that clear the virus, or would it destroy my XP CD by transferring the virus onto the XP CD,

..................Edmund...................
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 10:23:37 PM »
Ray,,
   I have been running Mach3 on a computer capable of producing excellent results, unfortunately I contacted a very nasty virus a Trojan and others, my question is, would it be possible to do a complete download of XP, would that clear the virus, or would it destroy my XP CD by transferring the virus onto the XP CD,

..................Edmund...................

Edmund,

A virus cannot "infect" a CD, since CDs are not writeable.  For the PC, there are virus scanners you can buy that should find an remove the virus, without having to do a reinstall of Windows.  I believe even Microsoft offsers a free one on their update site.  But, re-installing, starting with re-formatting the disc, is also a sure-fire, if somewhat brute-force, way of eliminating it.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009, 04:45:50 AM »
Edmond

Another method is to remove the infected hard drive and slave it to a working pc with AV and do a scan and remove virus that way.

Phil
The Good Thing About Mach3, Is It's very Configurable

The Bad Thing About Mach3, Is It's Too Configurable
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, 12:10:37 PM »
Phil
   thanks for your suggestion, is it easy to take out the hard drive?, I have 34 viruses according to the messages that keep reapearing continually,some trojans some malwear a lot of exes, Im worried about identity theft,

.............Edmund...............
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2009, 01:59:50 PM »
I don't know how it it will take on your machine, but it is less time than reinstall

Phil
The Good Thing About Mach3, Is It's very Configurable

The Bad Thing About Mach3, Is It's Too Configurable