Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 01:04:36 PM

Author Topic: Licensing issues  (Read 8120 times)

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
Licensing issues
« on: October 23, 2009, 12:42:02 PM »
 >:(
I cant figure it out. Last week I crash my computer in my garage ( the one that runs my baby mill and lathe). I purchase and install xp pro and reconfigure and reinstall the license from Mach rebuld xml's that I hadnt backed up etc. Everything is fine. Last night I try to run a NFS wizard, says I am unlicensed. I swear I had used that wizard before. I purchase license ( I cant find any record of an earlier purchase, not trying to dispute purchase either) and try to install the license. I have to load it onto a thumb drive for transfer. I simply copy it and paste it into my thumb drive. If I look at this file in my vista machine it shows as a DAT file (well it did before I? More on that in a minute). In my Xp machine it shows it as a media file? SO, I try to change what it opens with. I look at properties of the license while it is on my Vista machine and it says it opens with "Windows Shell Comm" and that is all I can read. Of course if I select "browse" to try to select something else or to identify the full name of what it opens with, Adobe 8.1 is highlighted (though it isnt what is used, I dont think). Somehow while trying to find what it opens with I have reselected what all of my mach related licenses open with. Now instead of saying DAT file if I scroll over the folder it shows adobe! All I really want to do is cut metal! Not F&*^ with bs computer stuff. Thanks for any tips, as long as it doesnt suggest a new hobby. Right when I am making progress on the machining computer issues move in. Obama promised change, is that what he meant?
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
Re: Licensing issues
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 12:48:35 PM »
Now even my copies of the license file in my mail think I want to use Adobe for this! WTF?
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 12:53:02 PM »
The NFS Wizards is a separate licence, it is called WizLic.dat. If you did purchase it and have lost it I think you will be issued with a new one no problem as Brian will have  a record of your purchase.

Hood

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 01:05:37 PM »
Hood, thanks for the response but the issue isnt the license as I have both. The problem seems to be what the file is associated with. It used to show in my mail as a black and white Icon that said "dat". Now it has the Adobe logo? I inadvertently changed what it opened with and when I brought the thumb drive back over to my vista machine to recopy the original, it changed their association too. Personally I cant imagine how anyone could run a machine shop with all of the non machining bs that goes along with it.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 01:09:09 PM »
No need to open it with anything, all you need to do is copy the dat file over to the Mach3 folder. What you are seeing is what programme Windows has been told to associate with a dat file but Mach couldnt care less about that, it will see it no problem as the licence file :)

Hood

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, 01:20:17 PM »
If that is the case, I install it where to be exact? I have tried to install it in the Mach 3 folder (wherever the default would be in that folder). And I have tried to add it into the addon folder. I restart the computer and nothing. Still says I am unlicensed for NFS, the Mach is fine. Also bouncing back from my Vista to Xp machines, I notice my vista machine has a probing plugin where my xp machine doesnt have it and it is not in the plugin config page as an option.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009, 01:41:39 PM »
If you installed Mach to the default location you want to place the licence files into C:\Mach3 folder.

The plugin can just be copied over from one machine to another if you require it.

Hood
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2009, 01:43:07 PM »
Fastest, try this to remove the incorrect file association: right click the file, select "open in", select "select program". In the dialog box that opens now, DESELECT the "always open in", then open with any program, then close. I think the incorrect association should be erased now.

I haven't the english version of Xp so I'm not sure what the english boxes says. Maybe it says "open with" instead of "open in".

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2009, 01:54:14 PM »
Thanks for the help and I did change it, but not to what it was originally, still dont know what that is. Also the check box wont stay unchecked if I close after unchecking.

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2009, 01:55:53 PM »
If you installed Mach to the default location you want to place the licence files into C:\Mach3 folder.

The plugin can just be copied over from one machine to another if you require it.

Hood
I dont find it at all in the plugins page. I did have problems with it but it could find edges and such