Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:12:34 PM

Author Topic: loading gcode to mach3  (Read 2868 times)

loading gcode to mach3
« on: October 22, 2009, 07:01:00 AM »
Hello. I'm new to this stuff so bare with me. I am running mach3, but do not have a cad/cam system in mind yet. I've tried lazycam and liked it, but I would like to try a different(Free) software that mach3 will be able to load. I like gsimple and Deskengrave. They both can create the gcode I need, But I can't figure out how to load it in to mach3. Does mach need to be licenced to accept anything but lazycam? I'm so lost. 500 line of gcode is plenty for what I want to do, so I'd like to try anything i can before I spend alot of money. I don't want to lose intrest due to total confusion. Thank You.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: loading gcode to mach3
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 07:50:05 AM »
- I can't figure out how to load it in to mach3
Deskengrave may create the file with an ext such as ".DNC" , so you may want to open it in Notepad and save it as a text file. You then just open it in MACH.

- Does mach need to be licenced to accept anything but lazycam?
No

- 500 line of gcode is plenty
Well yes and no! You will find that canned cycle, even though less than 500 lines, that it will not run becuase it actualy is doing more than 500 moves, if that is a way of saying it.

Why not purchase a MACH License if you are going to use it? Nothing is realy free!

RICH