Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:07:24 AM

Author Topic: Axis Offset  (Read 3896 times)

Axis Offset
« on: October 21, 2009, 03:48:14 PM »
My CNC machine is used for putting a texture on wood siding and such the like.  My main problem is having my spindle dig too deep or too shallow into the piece of wood, mainly from a defect like bow or crook.  I would love to have some sort of THC for this, but I need to get this going for the boss so I am going to try to fix a hardware problem with software. 

Is there a way to do an axis offset while the program is running?  So lets say the operator notices that the spindle is digging in too much, hit a button that adjusts the offset by + 0.05" without stopping the machine? 

I have thought of having a button that executes a VB code to pause the machine, move the z-axis to +/- 0.05, re-zero it, and then continue, but I would like to know if it's possible to do without stopping.

Thanks in advance!

Ryan

P.S. I didn't know if this is the right form or not.
Re: Axis Offset
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 04:40:37 PM »
Hi,
Just tried this in simulation and it seems to work exactly as you are describing.
I used 2 hotkeys instead of anything external though.

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,9476.msg57811.html#msg57811

RC

Well....almost exactly.
It's a continuous jog instead of an increment but very controllable.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 04:52:54 PM by Overloaded »
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 05:38:22 PM »
Just because nothing in life is as easy as what I would like,  how about independent control of both the z and c axis?  So THC for the C axis too?
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 06:23:58 PM »
I have no idea where that is done but I suspect it would be in the Mach code........WAY over my head. lol
Good luck,
RC