Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:34:03 AM

Author Topic: Homing problems y axis won't stop running  (Read 4374 times)

Homing problems y axis won't stop running
« on: October 18, 2009, 08:56:21 PM »
I used Rich's set up sheet from the document page, and set it up as he suggested. I made all the changes and clicked on ok, but when I clicked on the Ref All Home, the "y" axis started running in the neg. and wouldn't stop. I unhooked the motor from the drive to see how long it would run, and it didn't. I followed his instructions exactly as he set them up to the point of ref all home. I can't get past it.

Anyone out there have any ideas?

Dave
Re: Homing problems y axis won't stop running
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 09:08:05 PM »
Reversing the direction of Y in Config, Motor Home/Soft limits, doesn't work?
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 10:15:09 PM »
No. The motor runs in the opposite direction, but it doesn't stop when it gets to the limits I set up.

Dave

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 10:24:57 PM »
Dave,
I haven't read what i posted in months. and don't remember which version i was using then.
Do you have Soft Limits on?
BTW, I don't have limit switches on my mill, not that i recomend not having them, i just never installed them.
Frankly,  i found using the homing without limit swithes to be a PITA for what i do on the mill!
RICH
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 10:42:17 PM »
No I haven't tried it with soft limits on. I will.

To be honest, I'm doing fine without the home option. I saw the home setup and thought I'd give it a try. The soft limits by themselves work good. Before I shut down I have a park position that I use. When I start up I reverse the park reset the limits and go. I just don't understand why when I do the setup and try to do the ref all home the y axis just takes off and none of the coords dro zero buttons turn green.

Dave

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 03:09:47 AM »
Do you have Home switches? If you don't then make sure you don't have the home switches enabled in Ports and Pins, Inputs.
Hood