Hello Guest it is April 28, 2024, 07:50:01 PM

Author Topic: LazyCam 2.64 problems  (Read 4583 times)

LazyCam 2.64 problems
« on: September 05, 2006, 01:18:31 PM »
I can't get lazycam version 2.64 to move a chain from one layer to another.
I want to be able to have at least 5 layers in a drawing to create

1) the part outline and cutouts uncompensated.
2) Outside for the part jig
3) Inside for the part jig
4) Outside for the part
5) Inside1 for the part

Can this be done after pulling in the part using auto layer?

I guess this comes from trying to bring in the file using my own layers and discovering that the Lazycam does not/will not?? optimize routing and wants to route as drawn.

I also noticed that 2.64 does not zoom, rotate, or pan on my win2k system.

Thanks

Pixel Tamer

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: LazyCam 2.64 problems
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 03:30:34 PM »
Hi, wvancura

Dose your DXF have 5 layer's with the item's on each layer that you want, are you checking the Keep Layer info as is top check box in Load Options.

The Ignore layer info will just create an inside and outside layer.

Using Layer Control you can set the Cut Order and by clicking on item's you can change the cut order on each layer to some degree.

Press center mouse wheel for Pan moving mouse.

Shift and left mouse button for Zoom moving mouse.

Cntl and left mouse button for moving window around with mouse

You can only change or move leadins with a strait on view double click screen for default view.

Hope this not too much or to little.

Thank's Chip
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 04:19:43 PM »
Thanks for the motion information. Missed it twice in the video.

One other question on cutting If I want to cut out a box with a rectangular opening in it. The cutout is obviously an inside cut and around the outside is the outside cut. if I cut around the inside hole using a CW rotating bit from the top which way should it trace the hole CW or CCW for the better finish?

Thanks.

Pixel Tamer
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 02:40:56 PM »
One thing I noticed is that the informational popups do not maintain ON-TOP status and can get lost under a screen waiting for an answer causing the system to appear to be hung. This is also true in Mach 3.

The other thing that might be nice is to allow a different color to each imported layer, rather than to the arc and circle attribute. Perhaps this can be a switchable option. I am using different layers to achieve depth of cut and order of cut control

I also noticed that lazycam does not try to attach line segments together if they cross at the ends or come very close together. I am finding that I have to be extra very careful with the drawing connect points to make sure they are the same point, close doesn't seem to cut it. I believe the old DXF converter had a setting for finding close endpoints and tying them together.

Also the program wants to assign climb-mill mode to all chains, which effectively reverses the direction of the cut. Will you be eventually having a preferences setting for this? The "Rapids Options" section seems to be headed that way, although it seems to do nothing at the moment.
Pixel Tamer
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 10:29:11 PM »
I think we can make the cut direction a preference...
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 01:51:31 PM »
Ran a job last night that called for doing a peck point drill. LazyCAM converted it to a G81 function.
The set-up was to drill a 0.125 diameter hole to -0.560 and drilled 0.150 at a time.

Two things were evident.
1) The LazyCAM generated a G81 command (non peck)
2) It drilled only one peck to -0.15.

I had to go in and modify the line manually to be a G83 and changed to Z-0.5600  and added Q0.150 to fix it.

The original LazyCAM line was
 G81 X0.6325 Y0.8255 Z-0.1500 R0.2500 F20.00
the line should have been (or equivalent)
 G83 X0.6325 Y0.8255 Z-0.5600 R0.2500 F20.00 Q0.150

Bill
Pixel Tamer
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2006, 06:28:50 PM »
I think I need to add a few goodies :) I think I an add code to change the drill cycle but this is not going to be for some time. (I have 10 other things that I need to finish first)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com