Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:01:38 AM

Author Topic: E-Stop issue  (Read 5132 times)

E-Stop issue
« on: October 16, 2009, 07:57:43 PM »
Hello all,

What a deal for a Friday evening!  So what I have is a SmoothStepper connected to a C17 Master Control from CNC4PC, and also a C14 Dual relay board.  Everything works wonderful, all my axis's work, and everything else is going great until I turn off my coolant relay.   Every time I do that it trips the e-stop circuit of the C17 which stops everything!

Is there anybody else who has came across something like this? 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Ryan

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: E-Stop issue
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 05:24:39 PM »
Increase the filtering in the SS config.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 05:48:24 AM »
 Hi Guys,
 Iam not sure if this is similar to my issue,but I use mach3 and smoothstepper.
 When I set it up and let it run,I normally go off and do something else.
What happens is nearly every time I switch an appliance on or off in the house,Mach3 just hangs.I don't know if that is the correct wording.
Anyway,all the steppers stop moving,No messages are shown on Mach3,but when I move the mouse then,I see the curser is an hourglass and won't clear itself until I pull the USB cable out.Then the curser returns,But I still need to restart Mach3.It doesn't do this everytime I switch an appliance on or off either.Just at the worst times normally.
 Is this enough clues?
 Regards Jason

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 06:31:22 AM »
Have you tried increasing the filtering in the SmoothStepper config?
Hood

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 10:42:17 PM »
I would suspect that you have a noise problem. It is very unlikely that an appliance in your house is causing an issue unless it is a really big appliance connected to the exact same circuit. A more likely candidate is poor grounding or your spindle motor. One way to test to see if it is the spindle motor is to air cut a program and unplug the spindle. If it works fine then you have a spindle noise issue, if not then you perhaps have a grounding issue.
Happy machining , Jeff Birt

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 12:54:42 AM »
I had exactly the same issue.  Under "General Config" I changed Input Signal Debouncing/Noise Rejection to the following settings:

Debounce Interval ----> 500

Index Debounce ---> 30

I haven't had the EStop trigger when selecting the coolant relay on or off since.

Regards

chrisjh