Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:06:48 AM

Author Topic: Post Code  (Read 4514 times)

Post Code
« on: October 15, 2009, 12:41:00 AM »
Hi All,

I am working my way throught the LC manual, the first example.  I've set up to machine the boss and tried to post the code.  Where does it end up? I thought it was linked to the Mach3 folder in my C: drive but I cannot find it there.  The posting option is set to go there. 

thanks,
skipper

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Post Code
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 06:58:37 AM »
skipper,
LC will default the saving to where Mach is installed in the folder MACH3\GCode. That directory is created when Mach is installed. It will send the code to Mach3Mill if you have it open. SO you just minimize LC and then restore Mach3MIll
and your ready to go. In the manual section 6.2.2 you can change the directroy for saving the file by clicking the "Browse" button.
I need to put something into the manual to cover this in a little more detail.
Thanks,
RICH
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 02:59:03 PM »
Hi Rich,

Maybe there is something I am still missing.  I launched Lazycam through Mach3Mill.  I created a dxf in Autocad2000 and imported it into LC fine.  I created my pocket and hit Post Code.  I menu said it was posted complete.

I thought that if I launched LC throught Mach3, that when I posted code it would automatically load into Mach3?  It is not doing so. 
If I look for my posted code in the default mach3/GCode folder I cannot find my gcoded file?
My dxf was named "fig-eight", should the gcode have the same name, fig-eight.tap?
When working in LC,  should there be any reference to my dxf file name I am working on?  Usually, the file will be displayed on the top meneu bar?

I've attached some screen shots that may help.

thanks,
skipper

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 04:22:24 PM »
Skipper,
The file should go to the default directory, which i just tried ad it did. ie; it just created one with the same name and added a number to it like AAAA then it creates AAAA1. Now if you uncheck the Autoname and Save you will get a prompt for the file name, which i just tested and it did, and saved it to the default directory.

Now as far as not posting into Mach.......if my memory serves me ........ if LC was not installed as part of the installation of MACH ie; LC installed by itself then either LC would not load from within MACH or didn't post to MACH.
I just don't remember.

I am curiuos , do have a LazyCam license???? You will be limited to the number lines of code that it will be posted.
Additionaly you will get an error message if trying to do some of the advanced features.

I made a note of what your comment.
RICH
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 08:56:33 PM »
Hi Rich,

I do have a Mach3 license, I thought LC was a free beta version that came with Mach3?  Although, I might have down loaded LC seperately, I cannot remember.  Do I need a license for LC?

skipper

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, 11:39:04 PM »
LC comes with Mach, but, to get the Pocket, Offsets, and the Lathe you need to have the pro license for it to post code. Mach needs to be open when you post the code.
RICH
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, 01:46:02 AM »
Sorry Rich, I did not realize that there was a Pro version of LC.  With the Beta version of LC, can I generate profiles or any kind of output code?

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2009, 07:06:16 AM »
SKIPPER,
I never realy took the time to find out what exactly what you can and cannot do with LC if you do not have a pro license. In the manual it states / assumes that you have a license. You can output code but it is limited.
RICH