Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 12:41:07 AM

Author Topic: Keygrabber and or plugin?  (Read 3573 times)

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
Keygrabber and or plugin?
« on: October 13, 2009, 07:23:05 PM »
I am using Art's joystick plugin. I do get movement on 2 axis" with no other features. However I notice I dont have any jog+ , jog- enabled. All my keyboard does is pg up/pg dwn for Z and arrow keys for x & y. Are there a recommended keys for specific functions? Like jog+ be the "k" key for example. I guess I never set these keys up. Do I ditch the plugin and just reconfigure thru the keygrabber? or is the keygrabber modifying the plugin? Also my jog feature on the gaming controller is slower than the jog on my keyboard? Btw I havent done any changes to anything just loaded the plugin, configged it, and plugged in my controller. x & Y on the mill and x& z if the mill is plugged in. Of course I want X,Y & Z. Any ideas for a noob? Something?
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Keygrabber and or plugin?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 07:46:24 PM »
Recommended keys are listed in the Wiki under Hotkeys. I don't know much about the plug-in but the plug-in and keygrabber are two different routes to get control via a gamepad. Keygrabber will not alter or configure the plug-in. As far as jog+ and jog-, I'm not sure I understand what your wanting. Page up and page down are + and - jog for the z axis for example. Arrow up and down are for the Y and Arrow left and arrow right are for the x unless your hotkeys have been altered (config., Hotkeys) Press your tab key to open or close the MPG page and see what your slow jog % is set to. Just pressing a jog key will be slow jog. Holding down the shift key and pressing a jog key will be rapid jog. Rapid jog is as fast as your machine can go dictated by your settings in the motor tuning pages. Slow jog is a percentage of your rapid. This is a link to a thread on Keygrabber that may help with it if you choose to go that route.  http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,1391.0.html   If you know programming you can alter the joystick plug-in to do most anything I would say.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
Re: Keygrabber and or plugin?
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 07:58:28 PM »
Brett Thank you so much for your devotion to helping us noobs. Shift does nothing on my keyboard. Jog speeds dont rapid or change while holding shift and pressing pg dn or arrow keys. Thanks for the answer on the keygrabber. That is what I thought but a little apprehensive to open more cans of worms. All at once anyway LOL. Thanks for the tip on the wiki. I will check it out and be back with more questions! I am trying to get a joystick to do 3 axis
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)