Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:01:55 PM

Author Topic: dro at startup  (Read 5259 times)

dro at startup
« on: October 08, 2009, 07:43:48 AM »
i am setting up mach3 for use as a back gauge for a pressbrake. when starting up, the x axis dro does not display the last position that it  was at closing of mach. is there  something in configuration settings that needs to be checked, or must i save as a tool offset, and being up in the initialization string?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: dro at startup
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 07:58:13 AM »
Try choosing the following, General Config page, persistent DROs and possibly Persistent Offsets.

Hood
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 07:29:52 AM »
thanks Hood. that solved my problem.
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 08:51:34 AM »
Hello,

Is there any way DROs saving in case of a power outage?

For example: the DROs only save if you quit Mach3. While the cycle is running, or jogging or at feedhold, and the there is a poweroutage, the DRO don´t come back at the same value.

This is very bad if you are cutting a piece, like I do with my plasma cnc. Have to zero the machine again (need to remember the last zero) and then send the machine to the last cut.

Using Mach3 R3.043.066.

Use of a UPS was my best idea, but if there is a way, it would be great.

Thank you for any reply.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 01:18:36 PM »
The xml is only written when Mach closes, so short of setting your offset, closing Mach then re-opening  the UPS would likely be your best option.
 Hood
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 01:24:10 PM »
Thank you for the explanation. Didn´t know that. Will rely on an UPS for the PC.

Gustavo

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 04:42:23 PM »
The problem you will still have even running the UPS for the PC is Mach will still be sending out pulses for the axis BUT the axis will not be running with no power and you still loose position.

Best solution is to create yourself  a routine to proper and accurately rehome the machine OR reference the machine back to your work so you can return back to work accurately.

Just a thought(TP)

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 09:51:40 PM »
In my case it wont happen, because my machine is a plasma CNC.

UPS is wired only to the CNC controller, not the plasma cutter itself. Plasma cutters have high current needs, so a UPS for it would be too expensive. After the power outage, the plasma ARC OK signal stops, and the CNC stop the cut. So I can start again from that point after the power back, any time because the DRO was saved after MACH 3 closes and save the XML.

With other kind of machines as a mill, yes, it would be a bigger problem.

Thank you,