Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:36:24 PM

Author Topic: PLEASE I NEED HELP , WITH C++.  (Read 4211 times)

PLEASE I NEED HELP , WITH C++.
« on: October 08, 2009, 07:21:12 AM »
PLEASE I NEED HELP , WITH C++.
Good morning, I live in Spain My Names is Josep.
Thanks for everything, I built a small laser machine for engraver, Co2 40 w.
 I tested the changes engraver.dll file you left on the forum.
Thanks everything works fine.
took many tests with the plugin, the problem is that I can not different  While grayscale photos.
It would be possible to modify the source code to select different types of output power as a function of the grayscale photo.

The problem is as follows: laser power we modify the PWM input signal on the power supply 0, 5 volts in a train of pulses.

0 volts, it would be black.
  2.5 volts, 50% black 50% white
  5 volts, it would be white.

It would be possible to change this scale ?? .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6lRud7RAZQ

Thank you very much.
Re: PLEASE I NEED HELP , WITH C++.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 05:18:46 PM »
I saw your video.  It looks like you are doing some great things with your machine.  It is very inspirational.  I hope to have mine engraving this weekend.  I would love to hear more about your machine and it's capabilities.

Here is my understanding of the plugin....Anybody...Please correct me if I am wrong.

The plugin sets a single bit for each step based on the image pixels.  There is no grayscale information.  Since there are usually more steps than pixels, it attempts to dither (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dither) the grayscale pixel across several steps, but it is still just on/off information per step so the power level does not come into play.  I don't know if mach can store more than one bit per step, but it does not look like it.

I am not sure how fast the power supply can react to power level changes using PWM.  The Mach3 PWM is rather slow for engraving.  If you could change the actual laser power level in 20ms (which I doubt).  It would take 20 seconds to go 1000 steps.  That is probably not practical.
Re: PLEASE I NEED HELP , WITH C++.
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 05:15:21 PM »
 :) Good night bdring. Sorry for the delay.
I think you're right.
The logarithm using mach3, it's just on and off.
The power supply of direct current CCW,Not able to turn very fast laser tube.
THIS IS THE BIGGEST PROBLEM.

Materials;
CO2 LASER 40w. Chinesse.
SUPLLY POWER 100W. Chinesse.

Many of my tests can watch them on GRANITE
BLACK ZIMBAUE, you can see that there is no grayscale, the only solution is to apply with Adobe Photoshop, the tool
half tone bitmap.
HALFTONE SCREEN, IMPUT 100 dpi, Output 100,
FREQUENCY :  85
Angle : 45
SHAPE : ELLIPSE .
The logarithm creates a small interruption, THAT MAKE DRIVING TO BE MORE TIME I TURN OFF.
THE POWER OF THE LASER, LEVEL with  MANUAL Potenciometer and levels Brigtness in photoshop.

The photos have a low resolution 100 dpi, speed 4500 mm p / minute, about two hores for  a picture of 260mm 260mm.

My question is: How do you think would be walking with a laser pulsed mach3??
You think with a laser SYNRAD 25 w radio frequency would be allright?.

IS IMPOSSIBLE HAVE A LASER WITH GRAYSCALE???.

barberax@gmail.com