Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:04:11 AM

Author Topic: Half Size Douglas Motorcycle :D  (Read 6049 times)

Half Size Douglas Motorcycle :D
« on: October 07, 2009, 12:01:10 PM »
Hey Folks, ive been using Mach 3 for over a year now, coupled with writing my own programs and using Vectric's cut3D to produce parts from aluminium its turning into quite a good combo.   :)

Here is my website where i have tried to describe what ive been upto!  Comments are welcome.  

http://sites.google.com/site/HalfSizeDouglasMotorcycle    ;D

Cheers, Rob.

Edit: thanks, modified so the link works!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 12:35:57 PM by Manley86 »
Re: Half Size Douglas Motorcycle :D
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 12:14:35 PM »
EXCELLENT work Rob !
Nice site too.
(your link didn't work for me....this one did though)   http://sites.google.com/site/halfsizedouglasmotorcycle/home

Keep it up.....please notify us of new postings to your site.

Thanks,
Russ

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 02:43:26 PM »
Nice work! You do know that using CNC is cheating though, don't you?  :)  I read your little section on that. Tell them that anything beyond stone tools and horseback is cheating, so even the fact having a motorcycle is really a no-no. Actually, complex verbal skills such as using full sentences to communicate with is cheating, too, so just tell them to shut the heck up, and stop cheating. Again, nice work you've done. The site is laid out really well, pleasing to the eye, and easy no navigate. You've also gave nice descriptions of the process. Well done indeed.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 04:36:03 PM »
Very nice Rob.  :)

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 03:06:46 AM »
Brilliant work Rob, just brilliant.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 08:01:38 PM »
Thanks for the words of support - im now thinking about cheating further and having the cylinder patterns 'printed' in wax for a lost wax casting process.  Im back at uni now and miss the workshop soo much - all the tech's at uni look at me funny when i ask if i can use the workshops for a half scale engine and ask for a risk assesment GRRRR, what a load of rubbish.  Although im currently having a plastic cylinder block 'printed' to see if it fits and everything lines up ok (and because i think it'll look good) whilst here so i suppose it isnt all bad. All i need now is for tweekie to look at building a 3D printer capable of producing wax patterns for the home workshop  ;)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 02:31:43 AM »
Next project after the laser Rob.  ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE