Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 01:26:44 PM

Author Topic: widening a line in LC  (Read 2810 times)

widening a line in LC
« on: October 05, 2009, 05:42:16 PM »
I am wondering if there is a way in LC to widen a line or do I need to do it in the CAD program?  In the past I had always hand written Gcode, but now that some operations are more complex I am learning CAD & CAM.  For example I have a 3/16th bit and I need to widen the path .003.  Obviously this will require two paths, but what I am really wondering is there a option in LC to accomplish this?

Thanks

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: widening a line in LC
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 06:56:00 PM »
locktech,
You can add a line a distance away from the other in CAD and if they are on the same layer then you can assign the same cutting cutting parameters to them. So consider it as a  single machining operation. I just can't remember now without trying, but , I believe you can create an offset of a line, in this case .003" . Then move the offset to the other layer and do as first stated.
RICH 
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 07:12:14 PM »
Rich, are you talking about the offset feature LC has?  I didnt even think about using a offset.
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 07:34:47 PM »
Cool, I think I just did it in LC.  I had to create a tool size thats going to be 1/2 the size of my intended offset, this should give me the correct widening of the line, I beieve.  I think this will work out good.  Thanks for the point in the right direction Rich.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 07:51:01 PM »
I think there is a some info in the manual, one of the tutorials, about using lines. Just that you need to take what is in the manual info and creatively apply it sometimes.  ;)
RICH