Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:50:58 PM

Author Topic: Need help mach 3  (Read 5677 times)

Need help mach 3
« on: October 03, 2009, 12:25:08 PM »
I have mach 3 running on windows xp and i cannot communicate to my driver board. the driver board is intergration solutions c10 Bi directional parallel port. I have gone thru the pin outs and they seem to correct but when jog with jog buttons the motors do run, the dro on the monitor is showing movement but no movement with motors. Im assuming this is any fix that im missing any help would great.
Jim

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Need help mach 3
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 01:41:30 PM »
First confirm that the PP is working. In windows go to devices and check that it's installed correctly and make note of the what the address is. That's the address you use in the configuration. If there are two address then you may have to try each one. Then try and see if the motos move. If they do not, then check and see if you have a signala comming out of ithe pp cable. If you ise a volt meter you should see a change in the voltage from high to low, or use a tester and see if any light scome on the tester.
I assume ou have all else configured correctly.

Post your XML file and someone will have a look.

What version of MAach are you using?

RICH
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 02:04:32 PM »
Thanks for the info I did do check on PP and it appears to be OK  I did also use the other PP and doesnt work What I am wondering could it be that i am in some sort set where i can run the dros with out the motors running I did  see something about this on the video could this be it, it did ask me to install the driver during the software install.
as far checking the cable do you know which pins to check 5vdc during jog mode? and if i see know 5vdc it has something do with the way i have software up
 How do i export XML file.
Thanks again for the help

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 09:55:48 PM »
Open the Mach folder in windows and you will see a number of files with the extension of XML. Copy the file and rename it to like madmacs.xml and post the file.

What version of Mach are you using?

Yes you can run dry run Mach such that the DRO's will show and that is done by disabling your drives in the config or via a setting on the driver.

Did you ever configure Mach before trying to run the system?
You need to assign pin numbers to the step and direction of each axis in Ports and pins. The pin you assign in config
is the pin# of the cable.

Are your drives and BOB wired correctly?

RICH
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 08:13:47 AM »
The version is 7.0.6.1 I have  the bob wired per the instruction supplied. I did just try the drive test again and cannot locate missing vectors error came up.
I did  do the set up per vid on the web sight. I believe it is config correctly. The kit is from motiontek.ca. There is no ifo on the pinout for the Printer cable i just used the smae pins for the bob ie pin 1 pul pin 3 dir. I will try to cocntact motiontek and see if this is correct.
I also did the drive test before hooking motors and drive and it passed . I cannot seem to post the xml file. How do attach the files to post here. When i open the xml back up file I see the files but cannot open them its looking for some other program to open them with.
Thanks for help
Jim
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 08:33:30 AM »
i just did unistall and then reinstall and did the drive test. It came up pulsing to fast. when i did this same test yesterday it was fine. could this be issue?
jim
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 09:23:05 AM »
I just did volt pin out on the printer cable and do not get any pins to switch 5 volts. I check the printer adress and it apears to set up correctly. There are 4 pins that have a constant 5vdc.

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 09:39:25 AM »
Do you have a straight through cable?
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 10:07:30 AM »
i have the cable that came with the kit from motiontek.ca i will check it to see if straight. What should I be using?
Jim