Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 07:12:33 PM

Author Topic: LazyCam origin coordinates  (Read 4300 times)

LazyCam origin coordinates
« on: September 29, 2009, 11:55:02 AM »
When moving the start point around in LazyCam is there a way to set that particular point to be a different XY coordinate than what it is by default?

Or is there a different way to do the following;

I have a fixture that I designed in CAD then I am adding layers to do the actual mill work on the items that the fixture will hold.  Since I dont have a auto tool changer I have to run different steps for different bits.  After making different layers for different bits I hide/view which ones I want imported to LazyCam.  This is all working fine, but after importing a DXF with certain layers into LazyCam, it associates the lower left corner of that drawing as 0,0.  Unfortunately, when I import the next layer/dxf into LazyCam it of course has a different perimeter because its performing different step, therefore it makes the 0,0 the lower left corner again.  This is going to be a different location each time due to the drawings being diferent from one to another.

As you can probably tell I am pretty new to all this and would consider mself a noob, so please be pretty basic in any recommendations.

Keith

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: LazyCam origin coordinates
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 02:40:24 PM »
Keith,
LC will default to the where the origin is in the CAD drawing and that is done when you check the box in the
loading options fly out. ( see page 16 section 6.2.3 in the manual).

Now you can change the origin by mouse dragging it to a different spot, reset the origin ( Reset Origin tool ) and also precisely move the the origin ( Shift Drw tool ) see page 20 and figure 6.2.4.8 in the manual. 

RICH
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 11:22:22 PM »
Thanks for the info Rich, thats an excellent manual by the way.  Just alot to absorb.  I do see where loading options tab is, and tried it with the box clicked and unclicked.  I am using Corel Designer for the CAD, but the only resemblence I see to an XY in it is the ruler.  I have tried moving it around and it doesnt affect LCs origin position.  I can move it the way you mention with theShift DRW tool for each layer, but I know the correct way to do it is probably on the CAD side of it.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 12:25:08 AM »
Haven't used Corel in years so can't help you on it.
The best way to absorb LC is simply read through the first 30 pages of the manual to get a flavor of the program.
Then go and do the Tutorial's. Just need to hide in a corner and spend the time.
Any suggestions on the manual just post. One day there may be rev 2.  ;)
RICH