Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:10:39 AM

Author Topic: Problems downloading Mach3 video's  (Read 4621 times)

Problems downloading Mach3 video's
« on: September 04, 2006, 12:43:05 AM »
Help,
I can't download the Mach3 video's..... When I try the suggested way - "  If your browser wants to open  the files instead of downloading them, just right click on the file and select "Save file as""
I don't have any FILE options. the window that opens gives the following options:

Open this Link in a new window
Open this Linkin a new tab
Bookmark this Link...
Send Link As...
Send Link..
Copy Link..
Properties

What or how can I download the video's to a CD to I can review them at the mill which does not have net access
thanks
tenmetalman/Paul

Hood

Re: Problems downloading Mach3 video's
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 03:05:01 AM »
What browser are you using? It could be some of your browsers security options that are not allowing you to download.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 03:42:44 AM »
Hi Paul,
I've just tried and the download links don't work for me either. It may not be us.
Can someone else give it a try please?
Jim

ynneb

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 10:04:25 AM »
Some of the later videos can only be viewed online and cannot be saved to your computer.
If you are desperate to save them you will find them as asomething.swf in your browsers cache.
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 11:30:44 PM »
I'm uising Mozilla Firefox, the latest version I believe. I understand that the one's that do not have the download option can not be downloaded ! What about thye others ...............
tenmetalman

ynneb

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 11:43:08 PM »
I also use Firefox. Just right click on the "download" hyperlink and select "save link as"

The reason there is a problem is because .SWF's ( Shock Wave files) are primarily designed to display in a browser and not to be a download file.
Sorry we cant cater for every persons browser preferences, but this seems to work for the bulk of our viewers.

Hope this helps.
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 03:58:21 AM »
That works for me ynneb, thanks.

How about you tenmetalman?

Jim
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 07:29:40 AM »
THANKS ALL.
With Art,s and everyone one else's help I'm finely downloading the video's.... What a chore. fore whatever reason it didn't work for me until almost 24 hrs after downloading the .SWF viewer file, I apologize for getting cranky !
Thanks
tenmetalman/Paul
P.S. the spell checker works great ::)