Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 06:33:33 AM

Author Topic: Brain File Format  (Read 3777 times)

Brain File Format
« on: September 24, 2009, 02:49:46 PM »
I want to generate brains from my own program and would like to gen the logic in xml. If I can get the file format I can convert. Anyone have it?

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,672 2,672
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Brain File Format
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 04:43:32 PM »
I think you would have to beg and plead and throw mail sacks of cash at Art for that file format.

Graham
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 05:34:47 PM »
It wouldn't be impossible or even difficult to reverse engineer the format. All you would have to do would be generate the output for each input. Since there are a small number (relatively) of inputs, it would be tedious but not difficult. Why would anyone want to keep the file format of a user interface secret? The more people or programs which use the interface, the more useful the interface becomes. If I create a program which can take logical input and generate an xml file which in turn can generate a brains file more people can use Mach3 easily. If I have a 12 key input device and don't want to delineate every possible sequence in the brains editor, I can create an xml file which in turn can create a brains file.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 05:36:35 PM by kdoney »
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 12:57:21 AM »
Never mind. I'll just feed the xml to the program as keystrokes. Offline I don't care how long it takes. Thanks anyhow.