Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 10:40:38 PM

Author Topic: Mach 3, Galil & soft limits  (Read 4983 times)

Mach 3, Galil & soft limits
« on: September 23, 2009, 09:38:56 PM »
I've got some odd behavior, that I think is between the Galil and Mach 3 on my machine. I have a bridgeport, set up with both home and limit switches. I want to set up soft limits, and when I toggle the soft limit button to on in mach 3, I can only jog an axis in one direction ( ie, hitting x+ or X- jogs towards X-, the same for y and z). When the button is toggled off, it jogs normally. I've tried a variety of limits, thinking it will only jog away from a limit it's close to, but no change. To complicate matters, when I put in MDI, such as a G01 or G00, there's no movement at all with the soft limits toggled on, and I can't jog until I reset the galil by hitting reset in mach 3. When the soft limit button is off, all controls are normal. Also, if I let it jog far enough, it will run past the soft limit setting and hit the limit switch. Any thoughts? Thanks, Alex.

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 3, Galil & soft limits
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 01:22:57 AM »
Update to the newset plugin in the download area.  That should fix you up.

Steve
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 02:43:02 PM »
Thanks for the reply Steve - I have V4.4.0.0. I tried reinstalling the plugin, in case there were more recent updates, but it shows " plugin already installed". I feel like I'm missing something obvious, but I guess not obvious enough for me.

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 03:27:06 PM »
Delete (or copy to a new location to back up) the Galil.dll file in the plugins directory.  Then reinstall the new plugin.  That should do it.

Steve