Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 04:39:33 PM

Author Topic: bad character usedline 0 help  (Read 3425 times)

bad character usedline 0 help
« on: September 23, 2009, 01:01:49 PM »
Okay, I have a client who uses Mach 3 and keeps getting this error.  He has told me this has happened before, so he opened a recent project and all the others started working.  To me that is fishy.  Anyway, I have tried to load at least 20 out of the hundreds he has, including the one that worked last.  All with this error.  Can anyone help me out?  I've searched this thread and google and saw someone recommend changing the IJ mode which I did to no avail, so I set it back to 'Inc' where it originally was.  I have no experience with this software or hardware but thought I'd give him a hand.  Can someone please let me know what I should check out?  I've attached 2 of the gcodes(load gcode - edit gcode - save as txt).  I appreciate any and all help.

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
Re: bad character usedline 0 help
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 03:12:04 PM »
Those are not G-code files, they are dxf files saved as a txt format. You will require software that makes tool paths for the dxf files. Lazy-cam that comes with Mach, or many other softwares will do that for you.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 03:17:31 PM »
Like I said I have no idea about the software.  I will check out what you said as I know I have seen LazyCam.  I was just going by what the owner had told me.  Once again, I appreciate the help and will get back to you about what I find.
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 04:56:04 PM »
Sorry for the bump, just wanted to let you know you really help out a lot.  I think now know more than the owner.  Thanks again.