Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:18:57 AM

Author Topic: Differents between MACH2 and MACH3  (Read 6232 times)

Offline swets

•  52 52
  • www.arjan-swets.com
    • View Profile
    • www.arjan-swets.com
Differents between MACH2 and MACH3
« on: September 03, 2006, 02:49:36 PM »
I don't know for sure, but mij machine runs better on MACH2 than MACH3...

I looks like I mis sometime steps with MACH3 and never with MACH2..

and a example... if i move the mouse wen i use MACH3 I hear a sound change bij the steppenmotors..

So is there a big different between MACH2 and MACH3.... it is not the same engine? (or how do i say it)

Hood

Re: Differents between MACH2 and MACH3
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 05:44:26 PM »
I dont know the ins and outs of Mach but Mach3 is far superior to Mach2.
 To me it sounds as if possibly your computer is not really up to the job of running Mach3 (I think it needs a bit more than Mach2) Or it could be that your steppers are not tuned properly in Mach3. Although with the noise changing when moving the mouse I would say the former is more likely.
 Than again I am certainly no expert on Mach so take from this what you will.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 09:37:22 AM »
What is it for a computer ?

Thanks
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline swets

•  52 52
  • www.arjan-swets.com
    • View Profile
    • www.arjan-swets.com
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 11:00:27 AM »
What is it for a computer ?

Thanks

its a laptop a celeron 1,6 .

what for computer do i need....
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 12:20:19 PM »
I recently installed Mach3 and it definately runs motors smoother that Mach2.  It does take some time getting it all debugged.

Since you are running on a laptop, be sure to plug it in to 110V power whenever using it for CNC control.  I discovered this by accident.  I had my router running well with Mach2, installed some G-code and then took the computer to the shop for a quick test run.  It ran like crap.  As I tryed to figure it out, the battey ran down so I plugged it in.  Instantly, the controller started running the motors smoothly.  Apparently, the system slows to conserve power when running on batteries.   There are probably configuration settings in Windows to change this, but I've since changed to a dedicated desktop system for machine contol.

--Colin--

Hood

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 01:05:23 PM »
Also I think some laptops can have problems running Mach, but as you were running Mach2 OK then maybe this is not the case with you.
Hood

Offline swets

•  52 52
  • www.arjan-swets.com
    • View Profile
    • www.arjan-swets.com
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2006, 03:42:15 PM »
I recently installed Mach3 and it definately runs motors smoother that Mach2. It does take some time getting it all debugged.

Since you are running on a laptop, be sure to plug it in to 110V power whenever using it for CNC control. I discovered this by accident. I had my router running well with Mach2, installed some G-code and then took the computer to the shop for a quick test run. It ran like crap. As I tryed to figure it out, the battey ran down so I plugged it in. Instantly, the controller started running the motors smoothly. Apparently, the system slows to conserve power when running on batteries. There are probably configuration settings in Windows to change this, but I've since changed to a dedicated desktop system for machine contol.

Yes alright...(220 , we have 220 not 110) but i have it not on the battery but plug in.

And I try Mach2 and Mach3 both on the same computer...

it is the laptop I use for work, and i know it is not a "clean" computer....
so i want a other computer....but for now ... i use this one, and i saw the differents...

also... what is beter 25000 hz  or 35000 hz... ? or 45000hz
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2006, 05:47:40 PM »
25KHz is the best and only go to 35KHz if you need it...
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline swets

•  52 52
  • www.arjan-swets.com
    • View Profile
    • www.arjan-swets.com
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2006, 06:27:06 PM »
25KHz is the best and only go to 35KHz if you need it...
and how do i know i need it?
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2006, 07:10:01 PM »
The higher the freq the higher the load on your computer.  Use 25KHz unless you need a faster pulse rate to run the motors faster.
--Colin--