Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:41:32 PM

Author Topic: Visual mill vs Sprutcam  (Read 6210 times)

Visual mill vs Sprutcam
« on: September 18, 2009, 10:46:48 AM »
hi all

I'm in the process of shopping for a 3 axis cam software. I did a good evaluation of visual mill and am pleased with it, but then I found sprutcam wich is similarly priced and appear to have the same level of fonctionality.

If someone is using these softwares, I would appreciate your comments, especialy where you found limitations in things that you wanted to do but where limited by the software capacity.

thanks

Re: Visual mill vs Sprutcam
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 11:14:48 AM »
If you are new to CAM you might have problems learning to use it as I did.  The SprutCAM user forum can help you get started but I found that the tutorials offered by Dave (Pearson?) in the UK really helped.

Mike

Offline Chris.Botha

•  488 488
  • wine me.. dine me.. tram my mill for me...
    • View Profile
    • Digital-Jeweller
Re: Visual mill vs Sprutcam
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 10:20:43 PM »
VisualMill is the best program i have worked with, in terms of surface finish, and i have worked with, ArtCam, DeskProto, Modela, RC, and quite few others not worth mentioning...

I work with its Rhino based variant called RhinoCam, and a great many cad packages out there that feature built in CAM are in fact sporting VisualMill as a plugin.

I am updating to RhinoCam2 in the next week or so and will be doing some free video tutorials for 3 and 4 axis jewellery applications using VM/RC2.

watch this space :)