Hello Guest it is April 17, 2024, 10:20:29 PM

Author Topic: FeedRate OverRidden  (Read 3151 times)

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
FeedRate OverRidden
« on: September 15, 2009, 11:23:37 AM »

Guess I will have to ask my question in a different way (asked in another thread and got no answers)

As per attached files, I set my lettering in LC to be engraved at 10”/min feed rate and when the program is saved for Mach, the feed rate is changed to 0.40”/min.

When I run the program in Mach the router stays in the same place and the stepper(s) hum (cant say if it’s one motor or all)

What is the problem?

Thanks
Nicolas
Nicolas

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,197 9,197
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: FeedRate OverRidden
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 11:44:46 AM »
Hi Nick,

I changed all the 'F0.40' feedrate commands using 'EditCNC' to 'F400' and your .tap file runs OK.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 11:45:39 AM »

Guess I will have to ask my question in a different way (asked in another thread and got no answers)

As per attached files, I set my lettering in LC to be engraved at 10”/min feed rate and when the program is saved for Mach, the feed rate is changed to 0.40”/min.

When I run the program in Mach the router stays in the same place and the stepper(s) hum (cant say if it’s one motor or all)

What is the problem?

Thanks
Nicolas

I would guess your CAM program is working in mm, and Mach is working in inches.  10 mm/min = 0.397 in/min

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 12:30:31 PM »
Thanks Tweakie but I want to know why I get this problem so I can learn

I have in LC the same sample sign drawing which I divided in 3 layers. The 1st layer which was all the interior design worked like a charm. Then I hide the 1st and 3rd layers and unhide the 2nd layer which has 3 words and that is the one I have the problem. The 3rd layer which is the perimeter of the sign also worked like a charm.

Therefore to my opinion I don’t think that LC is working in mm as Ray suggests.

BTW how do you select in LC between inches / mm? So far what I’m doing is using the Scale from the tool bar, click on mm to inches, and set the size I want.

Thank you both
Nicolas
Nicolas