Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 07:02:39 PM

Author Topic: How do I ??  (Read 6503 times)

How do I ??
« on: September 13, 2009, 11:13:36 AM »
New guy here been having fun with my new cnc router.

1. If I have a hand drawn picture or print how can I convert that to a DXF file and or what program could I use to convert it?

2. I have hit the line limit on my demo Mach 3 a few times, When I buy it will I have to download the whole program again or will I just get a key/config file to remove the line limit? Everything is working great and I dont want to mess things up.

Thanks
Bill..............

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: How do I ??
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 11:22:08 AM »
1. The question has been asked manny times. There are programs that will convert images to Gcode. LazyCam will, but, it is not covered anywhere and think it was epxerimental. I don't use convertering programs for images as i have them not suitable for may kind of work and have negative opinions on them.

2. You will recieve a license file and all you need to do is put it into the directory where Mach was installed.

RICH
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 12:10:08 PM »
I am new also,  I am building a cnc router. I am almost done and I purchased mach 3 about a year ago.  I had a computer set  up just to run my cnc with what I thought was needed to run mach 3. It is a pentium 4 with windows xp home edition.  1 gb of ram and a seperate video card with more than 32 mb.  Mach 3 shows a pulse frequency all over from 21 to 24000.  I tried disabling the start up, and that didn't help. I have other computers in the house that run mach ok.
   What am I missing on this computer? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
   Thanks;
   Craig
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 07:25:09 PM »
Thanks!!!!

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 10:24:22 PM »
Criag,
A friend put together a PC and he had trouble just like you. It turned out that it was the video card that was the problem. I am not saying that it is your card, but, if you can sustitute a different one just as a check, you would know that is not the culprit.
RICH
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 09:46:20 AM »
Rich,

Thanks, I will give that a try and get back to you in a few days.
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 06:36:52 PM »
Rich,
  I tried taking the video card out and using the intergrated video card. This did not work, the pulse frequency was still all over the place. I also tried a video card from another computer, still no change... Once again I am lost. any help would be greatly appreciated...
  Thanks,
   Craig

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 07:02:52 PM »
Have you done the optimisation steps detailed on the downloads page?
Hood
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 06:32:30 PM »

I ran the optimization program with no change in the pulse frequency. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.. Maybe I will have to get a new computer.. I need advice on how and where to get the right computer for mach 3.

Thanks all for the help..
  Craig

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 07:08:53 AM »
I would think your computer is ok. Here are a few thoughts.
I will assume that your going to dedicate this PC to CNC. Start by only having Windows and Mach.
No other junk , like virus proctection or other software. It could then be PC hardware or something in windows.
Do the driver test and if need be open the windows Task Manager and see what processes are running.
Now now find out what each one is and one by one turn it off or nodify it and see if that process was the culprit.
DONOT...DO NOT  TURN OFF THE ONE FOR THE MONITOR, SINCE IF YOU BOOT BACK UP YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SEE THE
MONITOR! This is a rather easy, PITA, if you don't know what your doing!

Maybe someone will have a specific that will just take care of what's needed.

Each PC can have a quirk sometimes, we have tried probably 10 different ones from dead dogs to high end machines and got them all to work. The Dells with on-board graphics suck!

LOL,

RICH

« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 07:12:01 AM by RICH »